Feel like I got Di@ked at D ick's!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feel like I got Di@ked at D ick's!!!

I feel like I got Di#ked at ****'s yesterday!!!
    They had Savage Stealth 308 tagged $799.00
    Went by early in the morning after work looking for a 6.5 creedmore and they were sold out. So I looked at the Stealth asked the sales guy if that was the correct price and he said yes. Well I talked myself out of buying it and left, drove 100 miles back home. Got home watched a little tv and thought what the heck is wrong with me? Why didn't I buy it!!! ( I know what the gun sells for regular price...$1000) $799 -25% -$100 rebate that's 1/2 price. So I drove back 100 miles, waited in line for 45min for them to call my #. 2 other guys were looking at it, changed there mind. Finally calling out my #, I asked the guy at counter to let me look at it again.. Again I asked him if that was the correct price and he strated yes..
    He said $799. - 25% - $40 because gun was priced between $900-500 and the $100 mail in rebate..
    So I told him I would take it, he asked for DL and was gone for a while, he came back about 10min later with a store manager. The stated they had made a mistake and had put the gun in the wrong place (mismarked) ...and would not honor the price.. they would give me the gun for tagged price but not the 25% off or the rebate!!!
    I read on here where 2 other members bought the same gun.
    For that price wth the discounts.. read that after I got home...
    What do you guys think?..

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk

The $100 rebate was through Savage, they couldn't have withheld it from you. All their guns are priced individually with a hang tag, was the tag on that rifle listed correctly or was it for a different model?

Comment

Man I would be peesed.

Comment

Even if the rebate didn't print out, you could have still got it off of Savage website.

Comment

Your are correct the tag on tgge gun was $799

Comment

Originally posted by nozzlenut View Post
            Your are correct the tag on tgge gun was $799

But was the info on the tag correct or was it a different gun? It should have make and model on the tag as well.

Comment

I was pi$$ed and still spent $200 there on Christmas gifts after that!!!

Comment

The tag said Savage 10BA stealth 308

Comment

Either one of them or a buddy wanted the gun..
                  It probably never made it back on the rack.

Comment

Originally posted by nozzlenut View Post
                    I was pi$$ed and still spent $200 there on Christmas gifts after that!!!

Couldn't have been all that mad. But definitely some good deals to be had.

Comment

I'd write a letter to higher ups. They made an offer to sell and you accepted. That is a completed sale. It's not like it was just sitting of a shelf incorrectly marked. You had direct interaction with sales staff and even gave them multiple opportunities to correct the error prior to the sale. You have at least $40 in fuel costs associated with this. Keep it professional and don't be an ***** about it, pointing out that you spent a good amount with them anyways. Not saying you will get the gun but they should go out of their way to make it right. They already know you have multiple options to spend your cash elsewhere. Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by Ohio Darin View Post
                        I'd write a letter to higher ups. They made an offer to sell and you accepted. That is a completed sale. It's not like it was just sitting of a shelf incorrectly marked. You had direct interaction with sales staff and even gave them multiple opportunities to correct the error prior to the sale. You have at least $40 in fuel costs associated with this. Keep it professional and don't be an ***** about it, pointing out that you spent a good amount with them anyways. Not saying you will get the gun but they should go out of their way to make it right. They already know you have multiple options to spend your cash elsewhere. Good luck.
                        ^^^^^
                        This! Definitely worth pushing to "make it right". Competition is fierce.

Comment

I got the stealth at dicks on Friday. they had a paper showing discounts. I got it for $554 before tax and after the mail in rebate from savage so in store I paid $760 or so out the door. the rebate from savage on the stealth is 150 so when I get it I will have just over 600 in the gun

Comment

Originally posted by Javelin View Post
                            I got the stealth at dicks on Friday. they had a paper showing discounts. I got it for $554 before tax and after the mail in rebate from savage so in store I paid $760 or so out the door. the rebate from savage on the stealth is 150 so when I get it I will have just over 600 in the gun
                            That's the spirit....handful of salt for that gapping wound!!!!

Comment

Man after being screwed over like you were I'd say the name of the place fits.

Comment

Working...
                              X