Toddler life vest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Toddler life vest

Needing a life jacket for my daughter. She is about 28 lbs. boating and general water stuff. Would like a type II coast guard approved vest. Any suggestion?
    Obviously safety is number one priority. And hopefully something comfortable that she will tolerate wearing. What are y'all using for your kids?

I am also looking for the same for my 2yr old daughter

Comment

Where yall at?

Ive got 2 or 3 in the garage my BIL has yet to pick up.

free

Comment

When do you need it? I may have one you can have but its at the ranch.

Comment

OP has first dibs, if he doesnt want them I'll take them. I'm in katy.

Comment

I picked one up at Academy. The tags in the PDF should list weight ranges for the kid. I have since passed it on to a friend. They outgrow them quick.

Comment

The puddle jumpers are awesome for a smaller kid. My son is 35 pounds and has pretty much outgrown his. We have a regular vest for him too.

Comment

Get this. It has arm sleeves with flotation. Coastguard approved. My grandson swims with it keeps the child upright in the water.
                Attached Files

Comment

No expert here but was told to get one that has neck support not all of them will keep them upright and on their back. My kids has a flat behind the head when he's been in the water with it it puts him upright at a leaning back position where his face is always out of the water and won't roll forward with face into water if he leans forward like a normal adult vest will

Comment

My kid in the puddle jumper last summer at 15 months. No issues swimming or floating around at his own will.

Click image for larger version

Name:	flathead.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	86.5 KB
ID:	24490711

Comment

Thanks for the replies and the offers fellas. I appreciate it. Ran over to Walmart right now and found a puddle jumper I'm going to pick up. Has floatation behind head and on front. Type II.
                      Thank you for the generous offers.

Comment

Originally posted by Felix40 View Post
                        The puddle jumpers are awesome for a smaller kid. My son is 35 pounds and has pretty much outgrown his. We have a regular vest for him too.
                        this

My son would fuss and fight a regular lifejacket but acts like he dont even have it on with a puddle jumper

Comment

Originally posted by Walker View Post
                          Get this. It has arm sleeves with flotation. Coastguard approved. My grandson swims with it keeps the child upright in the water.
                          Def this one I've got one for my daughter it works great

Comment

Remember if something should happen that puddle jumper won't keep a child's head out of the water.

If you're taking the child out on a boat get a PFD that goes around the neck.

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
                              When do you need it? I may have one you can have but its at the ranch.
                              Stella's old one may be in your boat, they are welcome to it if it's there.

Comment

Working...
                              X