Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

You other old farts, what hearing aids are you using?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what??

Comment

I have the Starkey Premium, and could have bought a good used side-by-side for what I paid for them. My wife made me buy them. I’m still trying to rationalize them being worth the price. She thinks they are worth it. Another problem I have is that I hate having something stuck in my ear. Glasses on my nose are bad enough. Every time I take my glasses off it jiggles the d**m things and sometimes one will fall off. You ever tried to find one of those 3 thousand plus gadgets on a ground covered with leaves you can’t help but cuss. Sorry for the rant here. I could do without them. Still I wear them for her. She really hates the word “huh?”

Comment

Mine are Starkey. They work ok. Hate having to wear them, but I need them to be able to hear.

Comment

Some people are lucky enough to have insurance coverage for amplification. State of Texas workers, university retirees, railroad retirees, etc. have your hearing aid dispenser check insurance for (amplification benefits) you. Medicare does not pay for hearing aids... they are expensive, but Lyric hearing aids are awesome for their utility.

Comment

Phonak. ~$4000 total I think.

Comment

Beltone
              I have had mine for several years and they are adjustable with app.
              You can get re-conditioned ones for a lot less and still have the warranty.

Comment

Another Oticon user here. Been wearing off and on for about 15 years or so. First three pair were completely in the canal ones. Always felt like I had a bananna in my ear and they were useless. Then got the Oticon behind the hear with the little wire. Did pretty good but still not great. I have had current Oticon now for about 6 months and all I can say is WOW. I never knew what I was missing. It is all in the technician who sets them up for you. My wife made me go to a doctor. Not an MD but one who had a doctors degree in that field. Some of these folks that are on every corner were cutting grass last week and get some brief training on hearing aids. They definately have a finite lifespan. They tell me about 5 years unless they break or you lose them. Good ones are a life changer if you get them properly set up for your hearing loss. I still hate wearing them though.

Comment

Don't know the brand my hunting Buddy uses but he goes thru about two to three sets of batteries on a 10 day elk hunt. I will find out and make sure you DON'T buy them.

Comment

A family friend of mine has some that sync up with his phone, he also has a receiver/microphone necklace that is linked to his phone. It will trip you out when you see him just walking around talking like a crazy man.

Comment

Any hearing aid can eat batteries depending on how severe the hearing loss is. My left ear is worse than my right. Left side batteries last about half as long as right side.

Comment

Mine are ReSound GN. Rechargeable, Bluetooth to my phone. I got them through the VA. I love them, its amazing what I wasn’t hearing. They will eat some batteries, my rechargeables usually don’t last for a 12 hr day, but I keep a supply of regular batteries with me.

Comment

I change batteries about every 7-9 days, depending on how much I-Heart radio and phone talking I do.

Comment

Working...
                          X