No announcement yet.

How long to clear customs in ATL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lol. Yeah good move to change. Would be tough in any airport much less ATL. Add to the fact they are inexperienced flyers (or they would not have checked a bag for 4 days). I don’t check a bag for 3 weeks.

Comment

In Atlanta, I’m not sure three hours is enough....

Comment

Never had a bad experience clearing customs in Atlanta. Usually breeze right through. Last year the day before Thanksgiving I had less than 45 minutes and made my flight. I have global entry so I breezed on through. If she doesn't have Global Entry tell her to get Mobile Pass. You just put all your info in online and they email a pass. It's free. Just as quick or faster than GE. Just tell her to look for the Mobile Pass Kiosk just b4 customs, scan the bar code across the scanner and done. Off to luggage claim.

Houston is the worse in my opinion.
        Last edited by Muddy Bud; 06-30-2018, 08:40 AM.

Comment

Second worst. Chicago O"hare is horrible...........

Comment

Not worth the risk. I never expect consistency or efficiency out of any TSA operation. Play it safe.

Comment

Originally posted by Pintail45 View Post
              TSA Pre-check/Global Entry is so worth it.
              So true!

Comment

I fly international a lot and I know it can be done...did she check in luggage? That’s one thing that will hold her up. It’s very doable. Does she known her way around the Hartsfield-Jackson airport and is she is willing to hustle to the next terminal and definitely use the train.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Just noticed you rebooked probably better off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

A friend told me yesterday that if you live in the south when you die it does not matter if you go up or down you will have to go through ATL.....
                    Last edited by Johnny Dangerr; 07-02-2018, 06:43 AM.

Comment

ATL is the WORST hub ....
                      you can almost be guaranteed that any connecting flight is on the OPPOSITE side of the airport..and the trams are running slower than hell.

Comment

Working...
                      X