No announcement yet.

South Texas Hunters 2016 Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They were starting to chase pretty good when we were in Duval county this weekend.

Comment

They are starting to chase does in Webb county. Saw a lot of bucks making scrapes and. Checking does on the pipelines. Several bucks where already pushing does pretty hard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by CFBASEBALL09 View Post
        They were starting to chase pretty good when we were in Duval county this weekend.

Not interested where we are.
        Bucks mingling with does and still in bachelor groups at our place.
        Last edited by RobinHood; 12-12-2016, 05:08 PM.

Comment

I'm in Duval county south of Benavides.

The past two days bucks were still in bachelor groups and not really interested in the does.

Today has been a different story with lots of chasing going on. I've mainly seen small bucks, hoping something mature walks out.

Got a nice little piggie this morning!

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3223.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	110.2 KB
ID:	24476800

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          Last edited by stxhunter; 12-13-2016, 03:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by stxhunter View Post
            I'm in Duval county south of Benavides.

The past two days bucks were still in bachelor groups and not really interested in the does.

Today has been a different story with lots of chasing going on. I've mainly seen small bucks, hoping something mature walks out.

Got a nice little piggie this morning!

[ATTACH]830539[/ATTACH]

We're about 6 miles out of Benevides in San Jose. Of course after we leave tomorrow, it'll prolly crank up [emoji35]

Comment

Originally posted by tony185 View Post
              I was there this weekend and on my place I didn't see much activity at all thsi weekend. Saw a lot of does but nothing chasing or looking interested. Did notice a bunch of new young bucks last week on game cam moving in the afternoons
              It needs to get going. Im going this weekend. Have a couple of mature bucks moved in on camera, but wont make a mistake yet. One made my heart skip a beat, when I saw the video. Hopefully they will start chasing. Wont be back out till the 26th after that.

Comment

Originally posted by captainsling View Post
                Couple more.
                I didn't Know ya'll got this deer. That is an awesome buck Congrats to Everyone. This is Charlie Bell

Comment

Originally posted by captainsling View Post
                  Another.
                  It was a good weekend for Hunting! I enjoyed spending friday and saturday with yall,

congrats on the kills!

Trey Bell

Comment

Buddy arrowed this no browtined seven at my ranch past weekend.
                    Had some good tines, longest was 13 1/8"
                    Attached Files

Comment

Heading down to freer in the morning. How's the rut looking

Comment

I'm about 30 miles out of freer on 59, the bucks are ready. Some of the does are warmed up

Comment

Originally posted by BrokenJ View Post
                          That's strange we are usually starting the rut the 15th to 20th of December but it's early this year. Rattled in 9 different bucks Saturday, and got this 9 that 155-6. Plenty of bucks locked on does across the ranch.

What's up with the mysterious floating cigar by the dude on the left?? Am I seeing things???? LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by KR-oldmexico View Post
                            What's up with the mysterious floating cigar by the dude on the left?? Am I seeing things???? LOL!

I think it's something in his pocket...did Jack come to visit? [emoji16]

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm just going to leave this right here.
                              Click image for larger version

Name:	2163.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	56.4 KB
ID:	24476992
                              Northern Atascosa county.

Comment

Low fence during the rut. Hope to see him again.

Comment

Working...
                                X