Wings Over South Texas '17

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wings Over South Texas '17

I've been wanting to get to an airshow for a couple years now; the timing just hadn't been on my side, but that all changed last weekend down in Corpus. I cleared my schedule, rented a big lens, and made it the priority for the weekend. The weather wasn't that great, low ceilings combined with high winds and haze made it challenging to get some of the shots I wanted, but at the end of the day it was a lot of fun and the family really enjoyed the experience. Here's a few of my better captures, I'll try to get a few more up as I work through the post-processing.

CAPT Trey "Tex" Hayden's SNJ-4

Blue Angel 4

Blue Angel 3

T-45 Goshawk
    Last edited by agtex42; 04-03-2017, 07:59 PM.

great pics

Comment

I'm a sucker for the old warbirds and the show had a pretty good mix from all eras. I had never seen (or heard of) a DE Havilland before, and it was probably my favorite vintage plane of the weekend. It's kind of mind blowing that this plane entered service just a few months after the close of WWII!

Jerry Conley's DE Havilland DH 100 Vampire

Trojan Phlyers - T-28 Texan

Randy Ball's MiG-17F

Randy Ball's MiG-17F

Comment

Originally posted by agtex42 View Post
        I've been wanting to get to an airshow for a couple years now; the timing just hadn't been on my side, but that all changed last weekend down in Corpus. I cleared my schedule, rented a big lens, and made it the priority for the weekend. The weather wasn't that great, low ceilings combined with high winds and haze made it challenging to get some of the shots I wanted, but at the end of the day it was a lot of fun and the family really enjoyed the experience. Here's a few of my better captures, I'll try to get a few more up as I work through the post-processing.

CAPT Trey "Tex" Hayden's SNJ-4

Blue Angel 4

Blue Angel 3

T-45 Goshawk

I saw a few of these (T-45) do touch and goes on my ship back in 2010

Comment

Skip Stewart was one of my favorite performers of the show, the things he was doing with his one-off Pitts biplane were simply incredible. Most of the action was just a hair too fair away from the crowd line for me to fill the frame but I did capture a few cool shots on his low passes, the last two pics were taken during his last pass of the event where he stood the plane up 90 degrees and maintained the "knife edge" profile the entire length of the crowd line.

Skip Stewart's biplane "Prometheus"

Comment

We missed the Blues on Saturday but went back on Sunday after church and had a front row seat for the startup routine and the subsequent show. The kids had a blast and this was one of the highlights of the show for sure!

Blue Angel 1 Strapping In

Blue Angel 6 Opposing Knife Edge

Echelon Parade

Setting up for the Diamond Dirty Loop

Delta Flat Pass

Comment

Great pics!

Comment

Dang! Great pictures and planes.

Comment

Awesome pics.

Comment