Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Living the land owner dream in Navarro County!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Booner Sooner View Post
    Love the bridge idea!
    It really turned out good and really you would have a hard time building a bridge you can drive a tractor across for less than $2400. The most expensive part was the concrete footings and I think we went way over kill on it for what you actually need. That and the rental on the skytracks.

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

Outstanding for you, sir!

What a great story.

What a great looking family.

May you be blessed w/ many years of enjoyment.

Comment

Originally posted by KactusKiller View Post
          This is just a drainage creek, not a real tributary creek or river. Prob the worst flooding ever in the area was about 3 yrs ago and I don't think it got outside the banks there. It's also about 5' above crest. The beginning of this drainage starts prob only about 1/2 mile "upstream" so really don't think it will be an issue. I did do a little homework on it but thanks for your concern.

Happy to see this because I had high water concerns as well. Sounds like you did your homework.

Also interesting to see someone else leave the concrete out from under the containers because I caught flack over doing it.

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
            Happy to see this because I had high water concerns as well. Sounds like you did your homework.

Also interesting to see someone else leave the concrete out from under the containers because I caught flack over doing it.
            Yep concrete under would be a waste. Just need to cover and openings with flashing or sheetmetal to keep vermin and snakes out.

Comment

Yep concrete under would be a waste. Just need to cover and openings with flashing or sheetmetal to keep vermin and snakes out.

Non-shrink grout worked great to seal the gaps between the container and concrete.

Comment

It much progress besides some tractor work. Gotten prob 4" of rain in the last month or so so everything is super green.
                Decided to give the pigs a go last night but only ended up sticking a corn bandit and putting the fear of God in a second.

Also caught about a 3# bass but was only catch, water is pretty murky.

Comment

It much progress besides some tractor work. Gotten prob 4" of rain in the last month or so so everything is super green.
                  Decided to give the pigs a go last night but only ended up sticking a corn bandit and putting the fear of God in a second.

Also caught about a 3# bass but was only catch, water is pretty murky.
                  Good shootin!

Comment

Went out and got some work done, mainly to decompress after a couple very long stressful weeks.

Plowed 2 food plots. I stopped by feedstore and picked up a few bags of spring plot mix. I may try to get back out tomorrow to plant.

Had 4" of rain in the gauge.

Comment

On another note the fishing in our tank has been poor all yr. last yr this time when we first found it you could catch as many as you wanted with a variation of different sizes and we also caught perch and bass. This yr haven't caught a single perch and you might catch one bass. Not sure what happened.
                      It's a really old small tank and decently shallow. Don't know if it has been dry in the last at least 10yrs.

Comment

Locals probably fished it out, people around there pay no attention to fences.

Comment

I don't think that's it. I haven't had any problems so far with anyone in my area.

Comment

Congrats..love all the smiling faces in ur pics!

Comment

Originally posted by Farmdog View Post
                              Congrats..love all the smiling faces in ur pics!
                              That's the best part!
                              I need to get the barndo finished so we can stay out there more.

Comment

Making some headway on the cabin build. Framing the exterior. Also hvac is roughed in and windows/doors finished.

It is super dry, as bad as I’ve seen in our area in a while.
                                Few deer showing up on hand corn. They aren’t big fans of feeders here.

This little guy has some freaky stuff going on.

Comment

Working...
                                X