License plate yes or no?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

License plate yes or no?

Do you guys have a front license plate? Our new jeep Cherokee didn't come with the bracket and now I've gotten used to it not being there. Thoughts on going and having the dealer install a bracket?

I remember as a youngster driving that if you didn't have brackets you didn't have to have a plate on the front.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Law says it has to be there. Put it on the dash!

Comment

Law says yes.....unfortunately

Comment

I got stopped for not having one on a vehicle a few years ago. Silly but I guess that is the law.

Comment

I bought a car from Florida years ago where they don't have the law. I got pulled over here by DPS Troopers, they always let me ride but told me it was the law and to get it put on.

Comment

Got a ticket in Houston for not having it.

Comment

Yep it's law in Tx but not here in Oklahoma. Only one plate in rear and no tags on the windows. Always a little leary when I drive home to San Antonio but I guess they see the okie plates and say screw it

Comment

My daughter got a ticket for not having one on her fancy hot shot rag top Camero.... No bracket on it either...

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
                  Law says it has to be there. Put it on the dash!
                  Still against the law!! Has to be so far off the ground, my wife's care was bought in AZ, got pulled over just outside El Paso for having it on the dash..

Comment

No plate. Don't keep it on the dash either. I take my chances with Johnny law. There was a thread about this earlier this month.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

It was mine...I'm still struggling with it. I got custom plates but the front of the ZL1 is really too snazzy to add anything. Uggghhhh...

Originally posted by MySRT8U View Post
                      No plate. Don't keep it on the dash either. I take my chances with Johnny law. There was a thread about this earlier this month.

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
                        It was mine...I'm still struggling with it. I got custom plates but the front of the ZL1 is really too snazzy to add anything. Uggghhhh...

If you put a a front plate on that car, I'm gonna kick you in the junk. That care is way too sick for a front plate!!!

Comment

Never will I ever put a front plate on my cars

Comment

I agree don't put one on this car. That's a bad ***** front end.

Comment

So, did you get a ticket and had to the judge and he dismissed it when you installed it??/

Comment

Working...
                              X