X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Went to high school with Justin.
    He is greatly missed.

Comment

HUNTSVILLE, Texas – The Latest on the execution of James Freeman for the slaying of a Texas game warden (all times local):

6:40 p.m.

A Texas prisoner has been executed for fatally shooting a game warden nine years ago during a shootout after a 90-minute chase that began when he was suspected of poaching.

The lethal injection Wednesday evening of 35-year-old James Freeman was the second in as many weeks in Texas, which carries out capital punishment more than any other state.

Freeman in 2007 led police on a chase with speeds reaching 130 mph after he was suspected of illegal hunting in Wharton County in Southeast Texas. After his pickup truck was disabled, he jumped out and opened fire at officers with a pistol and an assault rifle.

A Texas game warden, Justin Hurst, was shot and killed in the June 17, 2007, shootout. It was Hurst's 34th birthday.

Finally.

Now maybe Amanda and family can move on.

Comment

Originally posted by Tx_Wader View Post
        Finally.

Now maybe Amanda and family can move on.

Comment

RIP brother. Would have turned 46 today. 12 years ago.

Comment

Geeze can’t belive it was already that long ago . RIP

Comment

Never heard this story before. So sad and pointless that two grown men lost their lives over a poached possum.

The perp didn't even have any priors. Why didn't he just take a ticket?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Very sad indeed. Glad justice was served.

Comment

I met Justin on the ferry that used to run to Matagorda Island on the way to a state deer hunt on the island (It’s a memory stands correct he was heading out to duck hunt on the island). Also would run into him at peach point when he used to run the check in . Did not know him well but I could tell he was good people.

Comment

I met him one time. I was solo hunting a small spread of goose decoys in Wharton County when he walked out in the field to check me. As we were talking, he spotted three low Canadas heading our way and got down with me in the spread. I think he was as excited as I was to see them work and drop one.

We lost a great warden and an outstanding man the day he was murdered.

Comment

Rip

Comment

Originally posted by eastxhunter View Post
                        Geeze can’t belive it was already that long ago . RIP
                        No kidding

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

[QUOTE=Native Texan;14051695]I met him one time. I was solo hunting a small spread of goose decoys in Wharton County when he walked out in the field to check me. As we were talking, he spotted three low Canadas heading our way and got down with me in the spread. I think he was as excited as I was to see them work and drop one.

We lost a great warden and an outstanding man the day he was murdered.

We use to hunt out of Nada and he would check us almost every Saturday and Sunday, but very seldom look at the birds are check our shells,we finally figured out he wanted to see how we were doing and how the birds were working,very professional,polite,always talked highly about my dog,and very sharp.He didn't want to mess up our hunt and would tell us to let him know if birds were coming so he could get down.Not many like Justin.

Comment

I help put on a youth hunt every year for families of game wardens killed in the line of duty. His widow Amanda is there every year and helps arrange for families to come.

She’s a great lady.

Comment

RIP Justin.

May the killer burn in hell🔥

Comment

It’s crazy it takes that long, should have been gone a long time ago. Prayers for his friends and family.

Comment

Working...
                                X