No announcement yet.

I’ve taken time to cool off, but still heartbroken for my daughter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’ll be looking forward to the post about her first buck. Sorry about the luck in the meantime. Keep your heads up. He has a plan, and it will be sweet.

Comment

As others have said, this is a memory that both of y'all will remember forever, and one day (soon) the sting of that disappointment will be replaced with big smiles, a bear hug, and a high 5!

Comment

All her experiences, good and bad, will ultimately make her first deer all the more special.

As far as "throwing under the bus," one misfire can happen to any ammo manufacturer.

Comment

Hang in there with her, I've been right where you are with your daughter. My daughter has hunted since she was 6yrs old (she is now13). We have had amazing hunts and success. She also hunted 3 years before she killed her first buck. With many numerous situations like your daughter's before she killed her first buck. I remember having bucks just like your situation many of times and her not getting an opportunity and each time was a learning experience. I remember one year we had a bad hunting season as far as just not seeing deer. She hunted 13 hunts without seeing a deer!! But when she finally killed her first buck it was all worth it. She will get a buck and when she does you and her will forget all about what just happen. Good luck!

Comment

Great life lesson for her.
            Last edited by Fishndude; 11-21-2018, 06:25 AM.

Comment

Keep your head up and keep hunting. It’ll come together

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by CWKATTNER View Post
                I’ll be looking forward to the post about her first buck. Sorry about the luck in the meantime. Keep your heads up. He has a plan, and it will be sweet.
                This is what I told her and have to tell myself. There’s a reason for everything, God has a plan. May be a bigger buck, may be smaller... may be none, but there’s a reason

Don’t know if a 7 can grasp that, I’m almost 40 and tough to swallow at times

Thank y’all for letting me vent and cool down more. I know full well company won’t change anything and it’s just the percentage game we lost at. Still stings

But it wasn’t one mentioned above. Much more popular and loved...

Comment

I would cry too and probably puke

But life does not always go the way we want

Get back in the blind this afternoon and see if you can get him riled up looking for a fight again

From what I know of your little girl, she will recover and learn from it

Comment

Man, that really stinks.

Comment

That sucks all around man.

I experienced my first misfire this weekend as well. Fortunately it was on a pig, which i was eventually able to kill with my bow.

But I had the pig at about 20 yards, picked up my 6.5 grendel and squeezed the trigger... and click...

when i ejected it, the primer was well dented as well. I have put over 300 rounds down this rifle and never had a misfire before. It was a Hornady round.

Comment

That is tough to handle. Unfortunately it happens. I have had that happen years ago but I think it was on a coyote and not a deer. Sorry that it had to happen to her but hopefully it will never happen to her again.

Comment

dang. that's a tough one.

Comment

Originally posted by mev002 View Post
                            That sucks all around man.

I experienced my first misfire this weekend as well. Fortunately it was on a pig, which i was eventually able to kill with my bow.

But I had the pig at about 20 yards, picked up my 6.5 grendel and squeezed the trigger... and click...

when i ejected it, the primer was well dented as well. I have put over 300 rounds down this rifle and never had a misfire before. It was a Hornady round.
                            Waaaaaaiiiiiitttt! What???? You have a pig at 20 yards and choose a rifle??

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
                              Waaaaaaiiiiiitttt! What???? You have a pig at 20 yards and choose a rifle??
                              Yes.... It was well before the feeder went off, afternoon hunt, I figured I could head shot it and drag it off and be back in the blind before any deer started to move.

Shot it with my bow a minute later, it died 35 yards from the feeder... still mad that I couldn't find my arrow afterwards though....

Comment

You know, I remember those clicks (normally because I forgot to load it) and the ones that got away way more than I remember the ones that hit the ground. Keep at it!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X