Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So, my neighbor got a 50 bmg, and now I need one.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To expensive to shoot! Unless you are planning on killing a car or truck, I really don't see the need!

Comment

Originally posted by REDGUN View Post
      I would say to buy a couple box's of ammo and shoot your neighbors rifle first, THEN decide if you still want to buy one.

This is a great idea!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

So, my neighbor got a 50 bmg, and now I need one.

Originally posted by sierracharlie338 View Post
        You get what you pay for and in terms of 50’s that would not be my choice ever. I’d spend the money on an AI or Barrett or another reputable 50 builder.

Sierracharlie out…

I’m also looking at the armalite AR50, I’ve shot one of these a few times before.

Comment

Originally posted by savin yours View Post
          I’m also looking at the armalite AR50

Never personally played with one but have heard good things about them.

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

Originally posted by softpoint View Post
            If your neighbor has a .50BMG, then you should out do him a little, couple of companies making these now. I think they have to have a stamp. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anzio_20mm_rifle
            You're right. 20MM is a destructive device. Cool though. Awesome for avalanche starting!

Comment

Correct. 20mm is a DD.

Top case .50BMG
              Bottom case 20mm Vulcan

Our research projectile travels at 3,200 fps out of our 8ft long 20mm lab gun.
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Spoiled_TN_boy View Post
                Correct. 20mm is a DD.

Top case .50BMG
                Bottom case 20mm Vulcan

[emoji15]

Comment

I’ve shot a bushmaster ba50 and killed a boar at 330 yards. Walking away, hit left testicle and came out in front of right shoulder. Left two tiny holes, was bummed because I was hoping for complete carnage. 750gr amax ammo is what I used. Gun was very accurate and broke down in halves very easily with a case. Recoil was nothing but muzzle blast was an absolute biatch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by ColinR View Post
                    What cartridge is that next to the 50 cal bullets?
                    Do you weigh the powder in pounds vs grains for reloading? lol

That's a 260 Rem between a Barnes 647 gr TSX and a Hornady 750gr Amax.

I get around 30 rounds per pound of powder. Using 230grs of H-5010

Comment

If you tryin to keep up with the Joneses - might need to head out to Lukenbach

Comment

Thanks for sharing...any pics of the gun??

This is a new one for me...I have a 7.21 firebird & costs about $4-$5 per round. What's the story on ammo for the 20mm??

Correct. 20mm is a DD.

Top case .50BMG
                        Bottom case 20mm Vulcan

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post

This is a new one for me...I have a 7.21 firebird & costs about $4-$5 per round. What's the story on ammo for the 20mm??
                          Looks like about $40 a round. https://www.cdvs.us/product-category...0mm/ammo-20mm/

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post

We custom machine the 20mm projectiles. They are for super-cavitating underwater. Google that, it's pure awesomeness!

Gun is deep hole drilled smoothbore with acme threads. Chamber is in back of barrel and breech screws on. We use electric primers that initiate with 300v signal. Unfortunately no pics allowed. It's not that impressive to look at. We even at one time pressed a case extension to double powder load pushing 100ksi on the chamber. That was our titanium gun.

Comment

We custom machine the 20mm projectiles. They are for super-cavitating underwater. Google that, it's pure awesomeness!

Gun is deep hole drilled smoothbore with acme threads. Chamber is in back of barrel and breech screws on. We use electric primers that initiate with 300v signal. Unfortunately no pics allowed. It's not that impressive to look at. We even at one time pressed a case extension to double powder load pushing 100ksi on the chamber. That was our titanium gun.
                              Do you work for EMPI?

Comment

Working...
                              X