Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2 Angle Video and 2 Hogs Shot - ??? (Video Attached)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2 Angle Video and 2 Hogs Shot - ??? (Video Attached)

I got two hog kills on video from my stand and the reverse angle on the ground with the GoPro. The footage was great, and I was excited to put the video together. This was until I downloaded them to my computer to edit. The quality is horrible. It was low light conditions, but not bad.

Anyways, I have some questions that hopefully someone can answer.

I am downloading to my new MacBook Pro (First time to use editing videos). I am using iMovie (first time to use editing videos). Is there any settings I need to change or should I get a different software?

When watching the video from the devices directly, it looks amazing, but not once I upload them to my computer.

Also, should I change the setting on my GoPro? Currently at 1080 mid size screen. I think

Thank you for any help

Now for the videos in different formats and different editing. For some reason, my nocturnal didn't work on the first shot!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NwD8FSkZDl0&feature=plcp"]New Project - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ukZfjep4lg&feature=plcp"]2 Black Hogs DS 10 12 - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AB_plBF9T0k&feature=plcp"]2 Black Hogs DS 10:12 2 - YouTube[/ame]

Nice!!!

Comment

I can't wait to get a few go pros!

Comment

Great footage. I am no help on the video quality. Cool videos though.

Comment

Nice job!

Comment

Awesome.

Comment

No help on the settings, but awesome footage, Andy!

Comment

Thanks guys! I wish you could see it in good detail!

If you watch at the very end, the hog that is spinning tosses the arrow with nocturnal up into the air. Pretty beat, but I didn't catch that until later in editing it.

I just wish I figure this uploading stuff out.

Comment

TTT...I need y'all's help with these videos

Comment

Cool videos

Comment

Are you uploading directly from the gopro or are you taking out the memory card and sticking it in the memory card slot?

Comment

For me, the biggest decrease in quality happens when I upload to YouTube. Also, GoPros don't seem to perform well in low light. There's a big drop in video quality (a lot more graininess) going from my Panasonic to my GoPro, particularly in low light.

Comment

There's probably a lot of "noise" from low light on your uncompressed video, but it's not as noticeable. It's going to look considerably worse once you compress it. Youtube likely further compresses it during upload. Light is the key.
                          My Flickr Photos

Comment

Try not to upload in 1080. Use best setting as Mac will optimize for you. If you click on 1080 then it may be the reason why. Along with low light. I never upload mine in 1080 setting. I let Mac set this for me to prevent degrading my video hope it helps.

Comment

Oh by the way I subbed ya! Sub back. I'm on BonesNCutters. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                              X