PVC Pop Up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PVC Pop Up

Anyone make PVC ground blinds? Any tips? I just made a puppet stage for our church and thought that I could really make a nice blind out of PVC for pretty cheap.

I did It awhile back I think I even posted it in the DIY section... it was easy, but.... some lessons learned.

I used PVC to make the frame. I then used zip ties to connect burlap to the frame. I did two pieces of burlap that met in the middle I could slide the zip ties up and down on the PVC to open and close the window. I also ran electric fence wire across the middle to keep the top of the bottom section from drooping. The fun part was I got green and brown clothing dye from wal-mart and mixed it up and used my air sprayer to paint the camo pattern. I used a brown tarp for the roof with burlap spray glued to the top for camo.
    For a black backing behind the camo I used the cheep black weed guard.

It worked out well and I killed deer from it, however the heat made the PVC flexible, the rain was too much for the roof, the wind took it apart several times, and by the time I was done I had more into it than a carbon venture blind on sell.

Its not very mobile, and unless you have the parts already its not cheaper. Now lets talk about Rebar....

Comment

Thanks for info OPC

Comment

I make duck hunting blinds out of PVC that work very well. I won't be home until next week so I can't get pics now but I'll try to remember to send you some when I get home. They would work pretty well for bow hunting too, and are very mobile

br

Comment

best way to attach the burlap is to get a piece of pvc that is the next size bigger. Example: if you are using 1", get a piece that is 1 1/4". Use a saw to cut it into pieces about 1/2" wide. Now cut about a 1/2" notch out of each of the rings. These will snap perfectly onto the 1" over the burlap. Store them on a scrap piece of 1"

oh and if you dont want the wind to blow apart, run a self tapping sheet metal screw through the joints
          Last edited by LeanMachine; 09-28-2010, 09:05 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X