Upload Videos Directly to the Forum!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Upload Videos Directly to the Forum!

The "Attachment" feature now includes the ability for each user to upload their own videos (.wmv and .mov format only, for now) up to 10 megs, per video. For now, there is a per user total attachment limit of 100 megs.

I've also added a windows media icon (.wmv) and a quicktime icon (.mov) to the Post Icons below the new message entry box so you can identify a video within a post.

I want to monitor the file usage before expanding the limits, but my goal is to provide a place for members to upload videos without having to link to the youtube-type sites that often contain additional links to other videos that may be inappropriate for some of our users.

Let me know if you have any problems attaching the files and we'll make sure we have all the kinks worked out.

Michael
    My Flickr Photos

Nice feature.

For what it's worth, I forced myself to learn about hosting my own videos a couple of years ago and it has been great. Once you get a grasp on FTP tranfers, ect. it's a piece of cake. I would highly recommend it for anyone that has an interest in posting lots of videos. It really doesn't cost much either.

Comment

Nice feature, need more video!

Comment

How do I convert my videos from .MSWMM files to .wmv or .mov files so I can upload them??

Comment

Working...
        X