Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dogs barking ?

OK, here is the scenario.

I have 2 dogs, littermates and are 5 year old Rotties. They are outside during the day with plenty of toys, but they are inside with us when we are home and sleep inside. The problem is when we are both at work. They seem to find something to "play" or "bark" at when we are at work. It started out with their galvanized water buckets, but we fixed that. Now it seems to be other things. After I took the water buckets away and went with a larger galvanized tub encased n a big wooden trough, that stopped and so did the barking. Now this morning it happens again. Our neighbor let us know and I went home and their was a big hard plastic Kong toy sitting upright in the middle of our patio with my male guarding it and my female barking at him and the toy and my male barking back at her. This is non stop barking. Because they do not do this when we are home and they are in the yard, what options do I have for any type of a "bark arrestor?" I have seen some that would attache to something in the yard and when they start barking, it sends out a sonic sound to decrease or stop the barking. Do these type work?

The bark collars work when the battery is good.

Comment

Yep bark collar is the answer.

Comment

Following. I would love to know if there is something out there that I could put in my backyard so when the neighbors dogs start their barking wars it would send a sound and shut em up.

Comment

Originally posted by texan4ut View Post
          Following. I would love to know if there is something out there that I could put in my backyard so when the neighbors dogs start their barking wars it would send a sound and shut em up.
          daisy red rider?

Comment

As much as I hate it I put a bark collar on my dog. She is collar wise so anytime I remove it she goes back to barking, which isn’t even non stop but dives my wife crazy. I tried to convince her it would be worth the barking if someone was trying to break in

Comment

yep, bark collar worked on my JRT. She would bark at every squirrel she saw, not matter how far up a tree or far away it was. Put the collar on and she has stopped. I only put it on her when she goes outside for an extended time and now only occasionally.

Comment

Im on my 4 generation rottie and bark collars are hit and miss wutg them. I havent found out how to jeeo them from barking so much. They do usually get over it in a day or 2

Comment

bark/shock collar, it flat out works. they will learn to shut up. I used it on mine to keep her in check. All I have to do now is waive the remote at her and she curls up like a shrimp

Comment

These are my 4th and 5th Rotties in our family and these are the only 2 that were paired with another Rottie that have done this. The last pair I had were not littermates.

Comment

Humane and shock-free long-range bark controlling device for your dog or the neighbor's dog. Stops barking dogs up to 300 ft. (90 m) away.

Also, keeping litter mates together is a recipe for many kinds of behavioral problems, FYI.

Comment

Just wish I could get a bark collar for a small yappy Yorkie--

Comment

No Advise to Add But, Kudos To You for trying to resolve the Problem. I dealt with a Neighbor's dog barking for 3 yrs. Day and Night and I will Say there Should be a Law Against anyone Having to Deal with That. Good Luck

Comment

I would go barking collar with easy snap latch and put it on when they go out in the morning and take off when they come in.

Comment

Originally posted by dustoffer View Post
                              Just wish I could get a bark collar for a small yappy Yorkie--
                              Zip tie... gootntite...

Comment

Working...
                              X