No announcement yet.

DIY Lease Truck Conversion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good job man. I recently used monstaliner on my jeep xj. Great stuff.
    Attached Files

Comment

Here's a couple pics of the finished product:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Final 1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	39.8 KB
ID:	24299118

Click image for larger version

Name:	Final 2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	38.4 KB
ID:	24299119

Pics make it look glossy, but it's not. Just a really bright/sunny day and glare, plus a crappy phone camera...

Comment

Originally posted by Aboud View Post
        Good job man. I recently used monstaliner on my jeep xj. Great stuff.
        I got pics from you before I did this project - I'm bringing my next one to you and letting you do the work next time!

Comment

Looks good!

Comment

That looks pretty cool. Do you have any pics of the texture up close. I've been thinking about doing this to a toyota but wasn't sold on it yet. I did a cj7 in a durabak coating a few years ago. It looked cool but it was rough as heck. Almost like a 20 grit sand paper. I had heard the monstaliner stuff didn't have the rubber chunks In it and you could change the texture with higher or lower air pressure. Here's the cj I did.

Comment

the monstaliner turns out looking like orange peel, smooth to the touch
              Last edited by Rack'em Jay; 09-17-2014, 11:36 AM.

Comment

Keith!! You going to post updated pics with the new seat on top? I didn't get to see it before you took it back to Rock Springs...

Comment

That ought to hold up for a while

Comment

I like it!

Comment

looks good!

Comment

man looks good

Comment

Good neighbor to have!

Comment

Sorry guys, I haven't updated this in a while. It's back at the ranch since early September when we went dove hunting. I wanted to take some pics of it after we got it back out there, but we woke up to rain. Our dirt at the ranch turns to grease when it rains & by the time I remembered to take pics, it was covered in that greasy mud.

I didn't get 100% of what I set out to do done, but its done enough for now. Obviously, the Bedliner is done. Before going back to the ranch, the new duck seats had to be done as did the rear bumper. I took the original rear bumper off & tossed it when I did the Bedliner. I figured getting the back pipe bumper would be quick & easy. WRONG! Those Ranch Hands are expensive for a reason. It took a lot more time than I expected to get the rear bumper done, so I opted out of the front pipe bumper build for now since time was running short.

The new duck seats came out pretty good. I scored a rear 3rd row seat out of a 99 Suburban off Craig's List for cheap and got to work. I built a frame that's supported on the floor of the bed and the bed rails, built a mount for the seat and standing/walking platform (the seat itself is removable so it doesn't sit out in the elements while we aren't there), built an elevated cooler basket/extra storage behind the seat, then made some custom beverage holders that won't break and added a 50" LED light bar to the top above the cab. The best part of the seat is the middle passenger seat belt is still useable - perfect place for my little helper to ride safely. BTW - he made a trip for some dove killing last weekend and loved the ride from above. I couldn't hardly pry him off the seat, even when it was parked. Made all the hard work, sweat and effort worthwhile.

We will be headed back out to the ranch in a couple more weeks for some bow hunting hopefully, and I'll take some finished-for-now pics to show it all off.

Comment

Cool deal can't wait for the pics!

Comment

Following.

Comment

Working...
                                X