Archery Mule Deer
    Exotic
    Javelina

My current count is:

AD 9 pnts
    AMD 11 pnts
    EX 10 pnts
    JAV 12 pnts

Really hoping to hit something on this next round. What do you guys have and how do you feel about it?

Exotic - 10 points
    Javelina - 2 points

Where are you applying for javelina? I drew Daughtrey two years in a row.

Comment

Originally posted by lonestartiger01 View Post
      Exotic - 10 points
      Javelina - 2 points

Where are you applying for javelina? I drew Daughtrey two years in a row.
      Elephant Mountain WMA. I usually only pick one location for Javi each year. I thought Elephant Mountain would make for a nice trip if I got picked but Javi is lower on my 'want' list.

Comment

I’ve got Gus Engeling for Archery Deer. 4 points in that category I believe

Comment

I put in for 4 archery hunts but I drew last year, so really not expecting to draw this year.

Comment

I got 5 points in Archery Deer and Exotic. I have never drawn. I was hoping with points being cubed now, I would have a chance, but with you guys at 9 and 10. I am doubtful. I think this is your yet. You have 1,000 chances verse my 125

Comment

I put in for one exotic and a few javi hunts, but have never drawn. Any idea when the draw is?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I figured it was a donation more than anything, and that was before I found out they were cubing everything. This was my first year ever to apply for any drawn hunts...
                Archery Deer: Abilene SP, Choke Canyon SP North Shore Unit, For Boggy SP, Lake Mineral Wells SP, Matador WMA...
                Exotic: Devils River SNA - Del Norte Unit, Garner SP, Powderhorn WMA, South Llano River SP.

Originally posted by MesquiteBean View Post
                I put in for one exotic and a few javi hunts, but have never drawn. Any idea when the draw is?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                I believe it is the day after the deadline, so today. I imagine results are posted by Tuesday.

Comment

I would really like to hear back from the individuals who get drawn tomorrow. Please let us know how many points you had. I suspect those who get drawn will need 12 or more points in some categories.

I think the real reason point cubing was chosen is because it represents the largest profit model. If someone is new, or if someone gets drawn and has to start over, they will purchase numerous entries into several locations within a category so as to build points back up within that category. Even if they ultimately are only interested in one location within said category. Ex: the first few years pay for four entries into gun deer either sex just to get 12 points and then from that point on only purchase an entry for Chapparal.

Comment

You can only accumulate one point per year per category.

Unless they changed that this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Sideler View Post
                      You can only accumulate one point per year per category.

Unless they changed that this year.
                      I don't think this changed

Comment

1 antlerless gun
                        1 management deer gun
                        6 either sex gun
                        18 exotic gun

Comment

Originally posted by Longue Carabine View Post
                          I would really like to hear back from the individuals who get drawn tomorrow. Please let us know how many points you had. I suspect those who get drawn will need 12 or more points in some categories.

I think the real reason point cubing was chosen is because it represents the largest profit model. If someone is new, or if someone gets drawn and has to start over, they will purchase numerous entries into several locations within a category so as to build points back up within that category. Even if they ultimately are only interested in one location within said category. Ex: the first few years pay for four entries into gun deer either sex just to get 12 points and then from that point on only purchase an entry for Chapparal.
                          yea its only one pt per category per year dont matter how may places you put in for

Comment

Originally posted by shwacker1911 View Post
                            yea its only one pt per category per year dont matter how may places you put in for
                            I read that about the multiple point accumulation in one of the other threads on here this year, but it could be wrong.

Comment

I never realized you needed so many points to draw javelina...thats crazy

Comment

Working...
                              X