SW Colorado Fire Restrictions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SW Colorado Fire Restrictions

Headed up to Colorado tomorrow to scout for an upcoming hunt. I will be in the Rio Grande NF in Saguache Co. The Rio NF website shows no fire restrictions but the County website shows a burn ban that started April 21st. Any idea if that ban is still in place? Does the County burn ban apply to the NF as well? Don't want to start any forest fires, but if it's not windy I'd enjoy a small campfire.

Rio Grand NF lands fire restrictions are lifted as you said. Mineral County fire bans lifted also.

Comment

Currently zero fire restrictions in the Rio Grande National Forest. The county has limited authority on National Forest.

Some areas in the SW have been having a decent monsoon season so far. Could be the reason for no restrictions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by ladrones View Post
        Currently zero fire restrictions in the Rio Grande National Forest. The county has limited authority on National Forest.

Some areas in the SW have been having a decent monsoon season so far. Could be the reason for no restrictions.

So if the county has a burn ban, but the NF has no restrictions I should be good?

Stopped tonight at the deer lease. Headed up first thing in the morning.

Comment

Originally posted by ladrones View Post

Colorado is all in some sort of drought. the SW of the state is really bad.

OP, I would stop at the ranger station when you get there and ask.

https://droughtmonitor.unl.edu/Curre...onitor.aspx?CO

Comment

Originally posted by JustinJ View Post
            So if the county has a burn ban, but the NF has no restrictions I should be good?

Stopped tonight at the deer lease. Headed up first thing in the morning.
            Justinj, , when it comes to something that can, at the very least get you a hefty ticket, I would go straight to the source. Call the local Ranger District and they'll provide you with the correct answer.

Comment

In for this heading up to Rio Grande NF in September myself.

Comment

Justin check with the county, you certainly don't want to get in trouble with a fire ban.
                BLM and NF have lifted restrictions but you do not want to get in trouble with fire, it is very serious.
                Maybe contact the land use office for the county and ask.https://www.saguachecounty.net/index.php/land-use

Comment

Working...
                X