I would call him 5+.
    I guess you would be safe there.

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
      I guess you would be safe there.

Comment

Originally posted by E.TX.BOWHUNTER View Post
        I would call him 5+.
        Call him whatcha want, he isn't listening.

Comment

I think he just has not started bulking up yet is why he looks young now. Walking pictures are hard for me to judge. Looks around 7 last year so 8 this year.

Comment

I think he just has not started bulking up yet is why he looks young now. Walking pictures are hard for me to judge. Looks around 7 last year so 8 this year.
            What about laying down pictures?

Comment

I added wrong. He is 12 this year.
              It's crazy when they get this old. I culled a deer I knew was at least 10 a few years back. He was headed downhill. Even his ears stopped working and just laid on the side of his head like eeyore. My taxi estimated him to be 12 or 13.
              Attached Files
              Last edited by ACCURACYINC; 07-29-2020, 01:43 PM. Reason: ...

Comment

Originally posted by ACCURACYINC View Post
                It's crazy when they get this old. I culled a deer I knew was at least 10 a few years back. He was headed downhill. Even his ears stopped working and just laid on the side of his head like eeyore. My taxi estimated him to be 12 or 13.
                That is very cool. Years ago we would kill these old deer without history and look at teeth. We would call the geezers 7 plus. I didn't have a clue that east tx deer lived to be so old until I started keeping records with pics. I have one that will be 13 this year if still alive and I'm pretty sure he is. Last saw in. January in decent shape.

I had one last year that was 16. He looked horrible in December and probably died but it wouldn't surprise me too much if he wobbled in with a bachelor group tomorrow
                Last edited by GarGuy; 07-29-2020, 02:06 PM.

Comment

Read the rest of the thread. It is 3 years old.

Comment

That is very cool. Yeats ago we would kill these old deer without history and look at teeth. We would call the geezers 7 plus. I didn't have a clue that east tx deer lived to be so old until I started keeping records with pics. I have one that will be 13 this year if still alive and I'm pretty sure he is. Last saw in. January in decent shape.

I had one last year that was 16. He looked horrible in December and probably died but it wouldn't surprise me too much if he wobbled in with a bachelor group tomorrow
                    We don't get them down south that old too often. It's really a testament to how tough he was (see all the cactus thorns stuck in him). 16 years is just insane to consider for a deer unless they live in a clump of trees in a neighborhood, but even then. I'd love to see pictures of him if he somehow survived.

Comment

Same deer???

Idts.
                      Lower jaw on oldtimer is short, saggy back, battle scars etc.
                      Attached Files

Comment

This one fooled everyone here last year.
                        I asked for age - everyone said 3 ended up being 6
                        Attached Files

Comment

Cbd10pt....its the same deer.

Comment

Originally posted by wtx223 View Post
                            5 plus.
                            I don't see a skinny neck.....front end is as large rear.
                            bingo

Comment

Originally posted by ACCURACYINC View Post
                              We don't get them down south that old too often. It's really a testament to how tough he was (see all the cactus thorns stuck in him). 16 years is just insane to consider for a deer unless they live in a clump of trees in a neighborhood, but even then. I'd love to see pictures of him if he somehow survived.
                              He is posted on a thread called FULL GROWN EAST TeXAS DEER.

Comment

UPDATE

hytop is still alive at a solid 13 years old. He is a little bigger this year than last year. Some of you might get a kick out of him. Pics next post

Comment

Working...
                                X