Osage Risers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Osage Risers

So I stopped by a new construction site last week and saw a couple of Osage trees pushed up into the burn pile. I came back and sawed out a couple of pieces. I split one tonight and ran it through the band saw. I’m going to attempt to make a couple of risers out of them.

I’ve got a couple of longer pieces too that I may try to make some laminations out of. Along those lines, would one go ahead and saw them into laminate size boards and then dry or dry and then saw?

Thanks,
    Skooter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nope. They will check to pieces while they dry. Also take those riser pieces and paint them. They will crack all over and won’t be worth using.

Comment

Thanks Ken! You are saying to completely coat both pieces? I’ve been using wood glue for the ends. I guess that will work for the sides as well?

Thanks
      Skooter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I’m sure glue will work but i don’t know. Shellac dries pretty fast so that’s what I use seal big areas.

Comment

I don't know how to dry Osage without it checking and stuff. I just wanted to chime in and congratulate you on your find. Sounds like you had a lucky, day.

I had a lucky day, too. I found two dollars in the laundry this morning. Wahoo!

Comment

Working...
          X