Coronavirus Relief Checks (free money?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
    It helps in the current time. Inflation will come later and screw all savers.

Inflation + zero interest rates is a double punch in the gut to savers.

But they have to force as much money as they can back into the stock market.
    Very true. It's a ponzi scheme. Run it up and then jerk the rug out from under all the investors. How can a company be worth 50% less from one day to the next?

Comment

Originally posted by M16 View Post
      Very true. It's a ponzi scheme. Run it up and then jerk the rug out from under all the investors. How can a company be worth 50% less from one day to the next?
      Yep..

How can a company like RCL go from 30 billion worth to 5 billion so fast?

Or Boing from 300 Billion to under 80 Billion?

It's insane... It just shows that more and more big companies are too leveraged. If their stock price falls they can't sell shares (or enough) and makes the price keep falling...The lower it goes the more people realize they can't pay their debts so it goes lower.

Maybe not in my life time but almost for sure in my kids this whole house of cards will come down. Or a period of massive hyperinflation. And I know people have been saying this for decades...and I may be wrong as they may come up with another "tool" as they call it to prop things back up again..and again.

Comment

Did they make it to where its a loan to businesses? Thought I heard the democrats were pushing to have an adviser to be on the board for business that took the loan and wanted to tell the business how to operate?

Comment

Yes it should be a loan... But that just puts these companies in even more debt.. And how can these companies be in the largest debt bubble ever AFTER the markets ran for 12 straight years??

Comment

What needs to happen is massive scale bankruptcies, subsequent deflation, and restructuring of debt, but the central planners that got us into the mess to begin with think the answer is more debt. Our government (by extension, we the people) are so heavily indebted that wide scale contraction of the money supply makes it impossible to repay the existing debt. See the “Money as debt” videos on YouTube for a deeper dive into the root of the problem.

Comment

Working...
            X