Ammo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ammo

I have some old ammo I rarely shoot. Mostly .410 and .22. The burnt gun powder smell immediately brings me back to shooting as a kid. I love the old boxes, shells, and the smell. Probably weird. These are dwindling down and will hate to fire that last one. This Ammo was bought in the 80's and likely came from Gibsons (for those who remember that place) or even Ace Hardware. I will pull these old shells out from time to time and will instantly take be back to those times as a kid learning how to handle a firearm. Anyone else have those nostalgia pieces?

Regrettably, I shot up all the .22 Shorts I was given with my fathers 3 screw Ruger Single-Six. Someone stole the holster, shell holder belt, and original grips. But I still have the pistol (recovered, thankfully) and the cleaning kit in a little red metal box. Nifty little kit.

I was just talking about smells and nostalgia a short time ago, but mine was fishing related. The smell of anise oil in fishing worm bags at bait shops is a smell that always brings back fishing memories from my childhood.

All the best,
    Glenn

Comment

Originally posted by cajuntec View Post
      Regrettably, I shot up all the .22 Shorts I was given with my fathers 3 screw Ruger Single-Six. Someone stole the holster, shell holder belt, and original grips. But I still have the pistol (recovered, thankfully) and the cleaning kit in a little red metal box. Nifty little kit.

I was just talking about smells and nostalgia a short time ago, but mine was fishing related. The smell of anise oil in fishing worm bags at bait shops is a smell that always brings back fishing memories from my childhood.

All the best,
      Glenn
      I completely agree with the old school bait shops and smells associated with them.

Comment

Was going through my stash & found some old rare match ammo...
        Attached Files

Comment

When I’m shooting my Aguila 60gr 22LR the smell takes me back to the elephant exhibit at the zoo. The smells are very similar.

After fishing when I go to eat and smell my hands, no matter how many times I wash them, it takes me back to trips with my dad. We’d keep the catch in the same cooler as the sodas.

Comment

The smell of fresh fired paper hulls definitely takes me back! I bought some Federal paper shell a while back and need to take one out to see if it still smells the same after being shot. I sure wish I could find a bunch of 20 gauge paper empties to reload.

Comment

Originally posted by dawgkllr View Post
              The smell of fresh fired paper hulls definitely takes me back! I bought some Federal paper shell a while back and need to take one out to see if it still smells the same after being shot. I sure wish I could find a bunch of 20 gauge paper empties to reload.
              Yes, regrettably I have 1 12ga left and never thought to save them over the years. Would like to know if the ones you purchased are the same.

Comment

Working...
              X