Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AAE Trad Vane Review

These AAE Trad vanes are really nice.

I Do Not like the bases being so narrow. To narrow in my opinion, which makes them difficult to apply, and I'm no newbie at fletching arrows.

I cleaned with 91% denatured alcohol, and stuck them on with DAP Rapidfuse. Worked great.

They are nowhere near as fragile as I expected them to be.

They shoot very well, but no better than my Marco vanes.

They are very flexible, but no more so than my Marco vanes. They do have a more rubbery feel as apposed to the Marco's plastic feel, but no more flexible. They are very floppy end to end, but stiffen up once on the shaft.

The 4"er's only weigh 5.5gr which is a tad less than half what the Marco's weigh. This could benefit some folks. It really makes no difference to me.

I recommend them to anyone wanting to shoot vanes from the shelf. They will work as well as you can expect. If they ever widen the bases on them I'll be using them exclusively no doubt. Until then I have lots of Marcos on hand, and just traded for a bunch more.

Rick
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Busted a nock on this last of 3 groups from 20 yards
      Attached Files

Comment

Hope Y'all find this info useful.

Rick
        Attached Files

Comment

I agree thin bases are more difficult to fletch. I imagine it's worse on small diameter arrows.

Gary

Comment

Definitely shows that all configurations will shoot an amazing group with the right operator pulling the string. Very nice!

Comment

Dang Barbee don’t you know you will brake arrows 3 yds. Hahaha Arvin

Comment

Originally posted by Selfbowman View Post
                Dang Barbee don’t you know you will brake arrows 3 yds. Hahaha Arvin
                Yes Sir, but sometimes ya gotta !!!!!

That top left Marco would have been straight with the others if it hadn't hit the nock on the bottom left AAE.

Rick

Comment

Working...
                X