Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sounds like a good start to the day.

Comment

Found a rangefinder when I was out last. If you can describe where it was and what it is I’ll be happy to give it back!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by scottyH13 View Post
        Found a rangefinder when I was out last. If you can describe where it was and what it is I’ll be happy to give it back!

I was by a thorny bush in a rockey area... JK Awesome gesture. thank you for being honest. Hope you find the rightful owner.

Comment

Thanks. The last time I remember having it I was in the pecan orchard.[emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Sideler View Post
            Thanks. The last time I remember having it I was in the pecan orchard.[emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Lol pecan orchard??

Comment

Comment

Funny Story

So just a heads up. When we were out there back in December we hit up 5 for a morning hunt. My brother is still hunting near the back and he sees a small ram walking by. He draws on the ram and immediately hears a guy shout, "Hey! That's my ram!" The mouflon takes off and my brother is so shocked by the whole scenario that he never gets a shot off. Apparently a group of guys were doing a push to the back corner of the property where their buddies were set up to shoot any/all mouflon that came through.

We couldn't believe the audacity of this guy but more than anything I just thanked God that my brother kept his cool. PTSD is no joke. I'd have hated to see my brother hurt that guy.

So again, just a head's up when you're hunting out there. Apparently some of those animals are spoken for.

Comment

lmao what an idiot.

I watched a few guys "stalking" Aoudad in area 4 a few years back, one of the few hunts my youngest son got to come along. Sitting up on a ridge we see these two rams hauling *** through the canyon. I pointed to my son the trail they're on comes by us at 40 yards and to keep an eye on them. He's not hunting age, probably 11 or so at the time I just wanted him to see them. I see a guy walking briskly behind them, then he looks what I thought was right at us, and starts yelling. "JESSE!!! They went that way Jesse!!!!" Jesse was about 75 yards down below us on the canyon to the right. Of course this guy is screaming across the water from a few hundred yards out, the rams take off hauling *** again and Mr. Jesse I guess gave up and turned around. Rams ended up crossing that trail at 40 yards just like I said but they weren't going slow so no shot.

Comment

Originally posted by donpablo View Post
                    So just a heads up. When we were out there back in December we hit up 5 for a morning hunt. My brother is still hunting near the back and he sees a small ram walking by. He draws on the ram and immediately hears a guy shout, "Hey! That's my ram!" The mouflon takes off and my brother is so shocked by the whole scenario that he never gets a shot off. Apparently a group of guys were doing a push to the back corner of the property where their buddies were set up to shoot any/all mouflon that came through.

We couldn't believe the audacity of this guy but more than anything I just thanked God that my brother kept his cool. PTSD is no joke. I'd have hated to see my brother hurt that guy.

So again, just a head's up when you're hunting out there. Apparently some of those animals are spoken for.

Yeah that's not at all how that works. What a DB..

Comment

What are my chances of finding a javelina on a weekend hunt?

Comment

Originally posted by MaroonFF View Post
                        What are my chances of finding a javelina on a weekend hunt?
                        I've spent a lot of hours down there and never seen a javelina.

Comment

I lost one in area 4 a few years ago, think it was a Bushnel. I wouldn’t think it would work anymore.

Comment

Has anyone see any axis or black buck there?

Comment

Boat

Anyone with a boat in Del Rio interested in helping a couple stranded hunters? My brother took his boat out there but he's having some mechanical issues and had to leave it beached on the shore of the lake. He walked over and got to his truck but needs to get back and get his boat back. He says he's got a little $ to pay for someone's services. Text me at 432-967-5002 if you're available.

Pablo

Comment

Working...
                              X