DIY ladder stand seat help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DIY ladder stand seat help

So I purchased a ladder stand and the "padded seat" that came with it sucks. It is maybe 1/4" in thickness and hard as a rock. Looking for any ideas to replace it with something that I can sit on for more than an hour with out getting bleacher butt. I have some old thick memory foam but I am not sure if there is something to cover it with that would be waterproof and not too noisy. The seat is 36" X 12".

Naugahyde maybe, that's what I used to recover my golf cart seat, that the rats chewed on. Its doin great.

Comment

[ATTACH]966922[/ATTACH]

Comment

I have mounted boat seats to those things.

Comment

I bought a couple of 21' ladder stands from Sportsmans guide that were exactly the same. I lengthened the arm rests with some 3/4 square steel tubing by just bolting it on and used a seat from my summit climber . I just folded the old seat up out of the way and used it for a backrest. Worked like a dream , sitting in the suspended padded seat. By lengthening the arm rests it allowed me to hang the summit seat forward more so I could stretch out. I don't have any pics or I would share . Robert

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Fangman View Post
            Naugahyde maybe, that's what I used to recover my golf cart seat, that the rats chewed on. Its doin great.
            I had to look this up, should be able to cover the foam I have and looks like a good option that won't break the bank.

Comment

Originally posted by Setxbowhunter58 View Post
              [ATTACH]966922[/ATTACH]
              I could not find this on Amazon but found some different brands in the process.

Comment

Originally posted by CabezaBlanca View Post
                I have mounted boat seats to those things.
                That's an idea and I think my dad has some laying around...

Comment

Iv got several out that if built and used boat seats like mentioned above

I built*

Comment

Originally posted by alec73065 View Post
                    I bought a couple of 21' ladder stands from Sportsmans guide that were exactly the same. I lengthened the arm rests with some 3/4 square steel tubing by just bolting it on and used a seat from my summit climber . I just folded the old seat up out of the way and used it for a backrest. Worked like a dream , sitting in the suspended padded seat. By lengthening the arm rests it allowed me to hang the summit seat forward more so I could stretch out. I don't have any pics or I would share . Robert
                    I think I can picture what you are describing here.

I should have multi quoted, Thanks everyone for the ideas.

Comment

Working...
                    X