Back from white antler ranch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Back from white antler ranch

Myself, lippy and freerhunter got back from white antler on Sunday and had a good time. We hunted at night on friday and heard pigs but got skunked. On Saturday we drove around and saw a few yotes and a bob cat.freerhunter took a shot at a coyote from about 50 yards but missed. That evening all 3 of us saw a bunch of pigs. I had 2 different packs come in but all the pigs came in at night. I have a hawglite but my peepsite didnt want to roll over so I didnt get a shot off. All together we probably saw about 50-60 pigs. The ranch house was really nice and our guide Howie was a nice guy he pretty much let us do our own thing which is a bonus in my book.

Matt,

Did you hunt the ranch in Uvalde? Looks great to me all they offer.

Comment

Originally posted by Ol Man View Post
      Matt,

Did you hunt the ranch in Uvalde? Looks great to me all they offer.
      No, we hunted the one in Dilley

Comment

thanks

Comment

sounds like a blast

Comment

I'm heading up there in April with my brothers and a friend. Any tips, hints, tricks, etc?

Comment

Originally posted by Abrasive View Post
              I'm heading up there in April with my brothers and a friend. Any tips, hints, tricks, etc?
              The only thing I can really tell you is to go prepared to hunt at night.. two of us saw pigs during the day while driving around but when we hunted the evenings from tripods they didnt come out until right after dark. The guide Howie pretty much knows where the best hunting is so he should put you in a good stand. He has some pig liquer and some hog wild attractents for sale but we bought some strawberry jello and sprinkled it under the feeder and every time they came out they went straight for it and stayed under the feeder for a long time that might give you some more time to shoot. Other than that thats about it...good luck

Comment

Working...
              X