Ruger American Predator. 223 POS!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ruger American Predator. 223 POS!

Wow! Just picked one up, mounted a break, scope mounts and vortex 4-16 on.

Lowered the trigger pull, and thoroughly cleaned it up. Bolt was kinda jumpy/ catchy. Lubbed it up and cycled it while I was watching the beagles stomp a mud hole in the cowboys

Set up this morning to get it sighted in. Hornady 53gr vmax. First trigger pull...light primer strike. Loaded another round. Fired. Next, light primer strike. Grabbed some fmj, same results. When it does fire, you have to put quite a bit of force to push the bolt up. Then it's free and moves sloppily back to its original crappy cycling smoothess.

Sent customer service an email. Nothing like buying a $460 piece of junk! That gun never should have left the factory. Too hail with QAQC!

this happened to me one time with my 6.5 other than that I have been extremely happy with my 6.5 and 300 blk out
    Last edited by TexasTealHunter; 12-23-2019, 03:34 PM.

Comment

My .308 compact is flawless. Not sure what the hail has happened.

Comment

Ouch. Sorry to hear that. I've got a 308 that shoots awesome as well.

Comment

[ATTACH]985172[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]985173[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]985174[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]985175[/ATTACH]

Comment

Without knowing more it sounds like you have excessive head space. Send it back, Ruger will take care of. My experience is great customer service with them.

Comment

Originally posted by Wayspr View Post
              Without knowing more it sounds like you have excessive head space. Send it back, Ruger will take care of. My experience is great customer service with them.

Oh, I'm sure they'll make it right.....but it never should have left the factory. The pics don't do justice for showing the shiddy machining. I realize its a budget rifle, but at least my a half-arsed attempt to get it right. This is 100% on their QAQC dept.

The best customer service is the one you don't have to use!

Comment

You can get a ruger that has an issue sometimes, but rest assured they will take care of you. You are right, if it wont fire, it shouldn't leave the factory. I always wring a ruger out for a bit before doing any modifications in case it has to go back to the factory, because they will be undone when you get it back.

Ruger is also not known for their fine finish and polish. First time you disassemble one you have to look out for burrs.

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
                  Oh, I'm sure they'll make it right.....but it never should have left the factory. The pics don't do justice for showing the shiddy machining. I realize its a budget rifle, but at least my a half-arsed attempt to get it right. This is 100% on their QAQC dept.

The best customer service is the one you don't have to use!
                  Well if that’s true you might as well switch scopes while you’re at it

Hope they get the rifle fixed sir.

Comment

Originally posted by 150class View Post
                    Classic!

Comment

Originally posted by 150class View Post

Hope they get the rifle fixed sir.
                      Never had a problem with scopes.....I bought that vortex 2nd hand from a Leupold dealer

It works better than the ruger!

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
                        Wow! Just picked one up, mounted a break, scope mounts and vortex 4-16 on.

Lowered the trigger pull, and thoroughly cleaned it up. Bolt was kinda jumpy/ catchy. Lubbed it up and cycled it while I was watching the beagles stomp a mud hole in the cowboys

Set up this morning to get it sighted in. Hornady 53gr vmax. First trigger pull...light primer strike. Loaded another round. Fired. Next, light primer strike. Grabbed some fmj, same results. When it does fire, you have to put quite a bit of force to push the bolt up. Then it's free and moves sloppily back to its original crappy cycling smoothess.

Sent customer service an email. Nothing like buying a $460 piece of junk! That gun never should have left the factory. Too hail with QAQC!

Well Sam, I bought a new Ruger Compact in 223 to stay in my overhead rack on my Mule, kinda like a cheap truck gun. The stock is warped from the factory, I tried to remove some material and the barrel kept on moving over. Shoots three inch groups at 100 yards, now I know why Bud's had them for 329.99.
                        Last edited by Radar; 01-10-2020, 09:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Radar View Post
                          [ATTACH]985195[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]985196[/ATTACH]

Well Sam, I bought a new Ruger Compact in 223 to stay in my overhead rack on my Mule, kinda like a cheap truck gun. The stock is warped from the factory, I tried to remove some material and the barrel kept on moving over. Shoots three inch groups at 100 yards, now I know why Bud's had them for 329.99.
                          That's not helpin!

Comment

Originally posted by Radar View Post
                            [ATTACH]985195[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]985196[/ATTACH]

I had the same thing, took a heat gun to the stock, lightly softened it and bent it into shape. Finished it up with a 2lb trigger mod with no creep and it's a sub 1"gun now.

Comment

Originally posted by WhiplashTX View Post
                              I had the same thing, took a heat gun to the stock, lightly softened it and bent it into shape. Finished it up with a 2lb trigger mod with no creep and it's a sub 1"gun now.
                              I did that as well. Did not last, it warped back after some time in the Texas heat.

I can get 3 shots in a 3 inch circle at 100 yards, I never expected to get match rifle accuracy from it. Its good enough for a beater truck gun, my dad said the ammo in the magazine is worth more than the rifle.

Comment

Working...
                              X