Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

iPhone Gurus. Screen sensitivity issues on 7 Plus.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got a question for the gurus. Cracked my screen on my new iPhone the other days while building an outdoor shower. Had the screen replaced and after noticing I have "butt dialed" more folks this week than prob all my years combined, I started noticing my screen reacts to more than just the tip of my fingers. I can lay it on my chest with a shirt on and it will be 4-5 stages into something or have ten letters typed like I fell asleep with my fingers on the keyboard or heck I even called my brothers ex wife with it laying on my chest from my text screen[emoji15][emoji15]

I can get it to react with more than just my finger tips... like my knuckles or laying it on my forearm which I haven't been able to do in the past. It's annoying as hell and I'm sure the same for all the folks I have erroneously dialed. Any help from the green screen phone gurus as to my phone problem and how to fix it?

Also I have tried adjusting the screen through 3D Touch and even turning it off but it doesn't do anything for the overall general sensitivity issue.
    Last edited by Smart; 07-28-2017, 06:04 AM.

Found this on a forum. Seemed to work for a bunch of people on there. You may have to begin to disassemble the phone to get to it though....

"I am not a repair man, just a clumsy guy who broke his phone so much that he had to learn how to fix it himself. I'm sure most of you already know about this step, but with the first screen replacement I did I had the same exact problem and it took me three phone breakdowns to figure it out. It is really simple... when you get a new screen, there is typically a red piece of static protection covering the metal back of the screen. There is a little tab that you can grab to remove the protective plastic - if you don't do this before screwing everything back together then the screen will act really strange when you attempt to type. I hope this helps and I don't sound ridiculous!"

Comment

Should be slider to set the sensitivity in your general settings

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by johnnydh View Post
        Should be slider to set the sensitivity in your general settings

I'd sure appreciate the location of that because I can't find anything on google about any kind of adjustment.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackHogDown View Post
          Found this on a forum. Seemed to work for a bunch of people on there. You may have to begin to disassemble the phone to get to it though....

"I am not a repair man, just a clumsy guy who broke his phone so much that he had to learn how to fix it himself. I'm sure most of you already know about this step, but with the first screen replacement I did I had the same exact problem and it took me three phone breakdowns to figure it out. It is really simple... when you get a new screen, there is typically a red piece of static protection covering the metal back of the screen. There is a little tab that you can grab to remove the protective plastic - if you don't do this before screwing everything back together then the screen will act really strange when you attempt to type. I hope this helps and I don't sound ridiculous!"

Hmmmm. I guess I need to take it back to my screen installer if this is the case.

Comment

Check all of these settings in general/accessibility, they may have gone into them and changed settings when they replaced the screen.

Comment

I'll look and see what I can find. I don't have an iPhone.

Comment

Hope this helps

Comment

It's called hot big boy pockets. Happens to me all the time and I haven't broke my screen.

Put a password on your phone and that will fix it.

Skinny

Comment

Originally posted by Skinny View Post
                    It's called hot big boy pockets. Happens to me all the time and I haven't broke my screen.

Put a password on your phone and that will fix it.

Skinny

Except it's not in my pocket. And it does have a password?

Can you lay it on your forearm right or chest right now and get it to react and change screens?

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post

Can you lay it on your forearm right or chest right now and get it to react and change screens?

No. I notice mine doing weird things like calling people, playing music, going to the Facebook app and somehow playing a video that's on my news feed while in my pocket. Happens a lot when I'm tracking pigs.

So your pocket is entering in your password too???

Edit. No PW on my phone.

Skinny

Comment

Originally posted by Skinny View Post
                        No. I notice mine doing weird things like calling people, playing music, going to the Facebook app and somehow playing a video that's on my news feed while in my pocket. Happens a lot when I'm tracking pigs.

So your pocket is entering in your password too???

Edit. No PW on my phone.

Skinny
                        Pretty sure he means it does it while it's active beyond the pw. Like look at tbh, lay it down and it's suddenly dialing someone.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post

I don't have an iPhone but I have the same problem. I just put my phone in my pocket with the screen facing away from my leg. When I lay my phone down then I put the screen away from any part of my body. Little electrical impulses from your body are what causes the phone to sense "pressing a button."

If my phone is in my pocket (screen towards my leg) with me moving around a lot, I'll feel my phone get really hot and realize I've been taking pictures and sending texts with a bunch of gibberish. It's a pain.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
                            Pretty sure he means it does it while it's active beyond the pw. Like look at tbh, lay it down and it's suddenly dialing someone.

Ohhhhhhh. Thanks.

The butt dial part threw me off. [emoji12]

Skinny

Comment

Originally posted by dbenn454 View Post
                              I don't have an iPhone but I have the same problem. I just put my phone in my pocket with the screen facing away from my leg. When I lay my phone down then I put the screen away from any part of my body. Little electrical impulses from your body are what causes the phone to sense "pressing a button."

If my phone is in my pocket (screen towards my leg) with me moving around a lot, I'll feel my phone get really hot and realize I've been taking pictures and sending texts with a bunch of gibberish. It's a pain.

Exactly ...Before the screen change I didn't have to do this but now I do.

Comment

Working...
                              X