Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was drawn for 11/25-11/29. In for info and tips too

Comment

This is was my set up pretty much. I traded out the wagon for a game cart. Four wheels Vs. two on the game cart = more wheels = more friction = harder to pedal. The device I used to attach the cart to the bike is called Trailer On. It is pretty much a PVC pipe. Tripod is made out of aluminium made by a boat tower place in Laguna Hights right off Highway 100. I wrapped it with camo fabric using zip ties where I could and camo tape where the cloth was a pain to use.
      Attached Files

Comment

Oh and I use paracord to tie back branches that would be in my way for drawing since it is against the regs to cut vegetation.

Comment

Good stuff, Phil. Thanks for sharing. Anything special with the bike tires to keep them from puncturing and going flat?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Second the thanks for the info Phil. Another question - are you advocating using a two wheel cart for easier pedaling or do you think you really need the four as you have it rigged up and earning us we are going to lose a couple of more pounds in the process?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

You will need to add slime to bike tiers to help with flats. If you are going to pull a cart with your bike get a two wheeled game cart. I used the cart in the picture for one season out there. It was a bear to pull cause it's more friction.

Also I leave my cart in the field. I dont bring it out till I'm done for the week. You can use a bike lock to secure it to a tree. Of course if I was making a big change in location or killed something I will bring it out. I usually hunted the same general area each year and so did the other guys near us so I would leave it unlocked and people didn't mess with it but we looked out for each other.
              Last edited by SneakyPhil; 10-06-2016, 10:00 PM. Reason: .

Comment

Thanks again, Phil. You recommended a two tire set up - what about a one tire? Have you seen those BOB Yaks?

Comment

Don't know if the BOB Yak trailers would handle the weight if you harvest a sizeable animal. The one I looked up only has a cargo weight of 70lbs. The idea of the trailer is to help you Cary stuff in and out. Trust me even a 90 lb deer is hard to get out if you don't have a cart.

Comment

This was my bike setup when I hunted the laguna

Comment

Working...
                    X