Vortex Diamondback 4-12x40

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vortex Diamondback 4-12x40

Anyone have any experience with this scope? I have never owned a Vortex but have heard decent things. The price tag and reviews are good on Amazon.

I don't own a vortex scope but if they are as good as the binos, I would have no problem buying one.

Comment

I have used one and personally wouldn't waste my money. You an get a used leupold vx2 for about the same price that will be much better quality and clarity.

Comment

Originally posted by Mac View Post
        I have used one and personally wouldn't waste my money. You an get a used leupold vx2 for about the same price that will be much better quality and clarity.
        Completely disagree. I think the diamondback scopes are just as good if not better than the entry leupold scopes. Have owned both and will go back with Vortex next time I need a scope.

Comment

I just bought the same scope maybe 3 weeks ago. Never owned a vortex before and do not have a lot of experience with many scopes but so far so good.

Comment

I currently use one and love it. Never had any issues with it.

Comment

I've got a couple of Vortex Scopes and a pair of Binos and love them...great value.

Comment

I have two. Excellent product

Comment

very good for the price.

Comment

Originally posted by Mac View Post
                    Completely disagree as well, Vortex Products and Customer service has been BAR NONE.

Comment

Vortex is the only optic that goes on any of my rifles, shotguns or pistols to include the ones I carry deployed.

Have the diamondback on a 243 for a few years no issues what so ever. Have their optics on 12ga slug guns that I run 3.5" and 3" magnum loads up to 700+ grain slugs out of.

As mentioned above their warranty is absolutely unbeatable and you will not be hassled at all by their amazing customer service on a claim.

I've sent them pieces in a bag of a red dot that was on my M4 in Iraq that didn't make it through an IED and they sent me the newer model of the strikefire.

Had a package from another retailer selling their product that shipped from Vortex get lost and they immediately took over the case with FedEx sent me a new order on 2 day express and threw in a bunch of stickers and a shirt.

Comment

My only concern with some of the reviews are that some say the eye relief isn't the best, and others say that at high powers, the view can get somewhat fuzzy.

Has anyone had any issues related to that? But overall, it has tons of good reviews.
                        Last edited by apc10; 08-15-2016, 02:25 PM.

Comment

Have that exact scope on my .223 Wylde AR. I've got lots of Leupold stuff as well, and wouldn't hesitate to buy another Vortex Diamondback. Heck of a scope, and does seem a bit crisper than my Leupold scopes in similar price ranges.

Comment

Well I have a vortex I picked up from arrowsmith and it's bad ***, shot one so late with it almost got in trouble. And we shoot it out to 400 yards. Now I wouldn't say it's better the leupold I paid 600 for but I think the vortex cost half that. 4x16 hs diamond back is nice and not their best one either. Buying a new one in the next couple of weeks for long range. Check with arrowsmith best deal you can get

Comment

THe diamondback is one of their lower - middle products. If you want better clarity and glass go for the razor. Its the best out there $ for $.

Comment

Working...
                              X