Fill size model of Christ from the Shroud of Turin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fill size model of Christ from the Shroud of Turin

This is amazing. A professor in the mechanical engineering department at the University of Padua in Italy has reconstructed a model of Christ from the Shroud of Turin. He used pretty sophisticated CAD and analysis to adjust for a thin, linen burial cloth draped on His body in the tomb.

I’m in contact with the professor to see if they will release the CAD file of His head and shoulders. He said the University is figuring out the release or licensing. Then if released- 3d print or cnc machine from metal?

It’s up in the air if the Shroud is real. If not - it’s the most sophisticated forgery in history.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Remove your link, Bill... it shut my computer down. Trojan virus warnings...

Comment

That's cool

Comment

He looks a lot like the pictures.

Comment

I have always been fascinated by the Shroud of Turin and have followed the story for years. I don't know what to think about it - both the debunkers and the "it's the real deal" researchers make some pretty compelling arguments.

Comment

I down understand how the shroud could pick up the "stain" of.jesus b.s. in 3 days.

Comment

Considering the "occupant" of the shroud, I can clearly see how it would pick up the "stain" in only three days.

Comment

So Jesus, a middle eastern Jew, looked like a white dude from western Europe?

Comment

Originally posted by Walker View Post
                  I down understand how the shroud could pick up the "stain" of.jesus b.s. in 3 days.
                  Does it make sense that the stain doesn't show a decomposing body? HAd the shroud been on a normal body during decomposition it should look much different.

Comment

Originally posted by Encinal View Post
                    So Jesus, a middle eastern Jew, looked like a white dude from western Europe?
                    What does the mold of a middle eastern Jew look like?

Comment

Originally posted by Neck View Post
                      What does the mold of a middle eastern Jew look like?
                      A lot like that of a white dude from western Europe...

The photochrom prints were very popular around the 1890s. Although color photography has been invented, it had not yet been commercialized a...

Comment

For a pacifist, Jesus was pretty buff.

Comment

Originally posted by Legdog View Post
                          He was a career carpenter pre-electricity, so............

Comment

If you recall the story of the resurrection on the 3d day, Christ was crucified and died on Friday afternoon and the tomb was empty on Sunday morning. In 1 1/2,days there would be no decomposition.

The best explanation I know is when his body returned to God the Father, He became pure energy and that energy release was what caused the markings in the Shroud.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Legdog View Post

Comment

Working...
                              X