No announcement yet.

Chevy most "reliable" commercial

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

you can make a survey come out however you want it to. Not worth worrying over

Comment

Originally posted by TX_Hoghunter View Post
      LOL.....Man the hate is strong this morning. I have had GM trucks all of my life. Not sure what y'all do not like about them. I pull stock trailers, tractors, and such without issue. I like getting 250,000+ miles out of one without issue. Now unlike most you you trucking driving folks I actually live in the country, drive down dirt roads and use my trucks. Maybe the reliability is somehow affected by me not putting stupid arse big tires on them, or lifts that I don't need, or all of these idiot light bars...maybe it is the constant washing and detailing y'all put them through, all of those smooth concrete roads y'all are driving down.....All I know is that if actually need a truck then GM is a good choice. We have also has several GM cars. Also without any real issues .........

-john
      I have about 40 of them in my fleet, been running GM since early 80's, not going to bash the other brands and I have no reason to switch brands.

Comment

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=loTrXpEBrS8&index=13&list=RDd03svtYlFm8"]If "Real People" Commercials were Real Life - CHEVY Third Time̢۪s a Charm - YouTube[/ame]

This might explain the awards...

Comment

Some of y’all have been in here so long your periods are starting to sync up. [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Graysonhogs View Post
            Some of y’all have been in here so long your periods are starting to sync up. [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
            Oh man that's funny...
            M

Comment

Chevy's are great for 36k miles then

I've owned 4
              Typicall Chevy repairs between 36k & 120k
              Ac Actuator x2
              4x4 actuator
              Water pump
              Idler pulley
              Power lock switch or switches
              Transmission
              Radio
              Coils
              Front end
              Etc.

I've owned 1 tundra
              Tundra repairs before 150k
              Water pump
              Coils

I've owned 4
              Ford repairs before 150k
              Water pump
              Idler pulley
              Coils
              Front end

Older Dodge's we've had were a bit worse than the Chevy's

Comment

I drive just about everything for work. anything between a Toyota to a Kenworth and if use use the **** out of them they are all trash. its just part of life. once you get to 100k all bets are off.

Comment

He has some great ones.

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
                    I couldn't see all of the fine print at the bottom of the screen...but it looked like it referenced a 2015 survey.
                    This

Comment

"nationwide" survey from over 3 years ago for model vehicles not shown only during a six month window with less than 50,000 surveys.

Sounds like Chevy is took a lesson from baseball for statistical analysis.

Comment

LMAO!!

Comment

Originally posted by TX_Hoghunter View Post
                          LOL.....Man the hate is strong this morning. I have had GM trucks all of my life. Not sure what y'all do not like about them. I pull stock trailers, tractors, and such without issue. I like getting 250,000+ miles out of one without issue. Now unlike most you you trucking driving folks I actually live in the country, drive down dirt roads and use my trucks. Maybe the reliability is somehow affected by me not putting stupid arse big tires on them, or lifts that I don't need, or all of these idiot light bars...maybe it is the constant washing and detailing y'all put them through, all of those smooth concrete roads y'all are driving down.....All I know is that if actually need a truck then GM is a good choice. We have also has several GM cars. Also without any real issues .........

-john
                          Well put John and my feelings to a tee except change the GM to Ford... I was a GM guy all my life and most of my family as well... until the bail out... had family members that got burned real bad when POTUS took GM stock and gave it away, bankrupted them and destroyed pensions of so many... Switched to Ford and have had VERY good service out of them... Drive them for work and for personal use... trailers, loads, mud, cactus/brush, They have held up well... still have one Chebby as a ranch truck, but don't trust it on the highway any longer... Still a good truck tho. So much more room in a Ford cab, and are generally dressed out nicer than Chebby's...

Not bashing as I like 'em both... Only had one Dodge... that was enough of those for me...

Comment

My only contribution to this thread:

I've driven Fords most of my life, but twice I've strayed from the true path, a '95 Silverado, (which was a piece of caca), and an '08 whatever-they-called-it, (also a piece of caca). I used these trucks in the oilfield, driving 60k to 80k per year on every road surface imaginable in all weather conditions. Most of my Fords were traded at 150k plus, some went near or over 200k. I had one, that's ONE, leave me on the road with a fuel pump out. I stopped buying gas at the local stop-and-rob and that never happened again. There is a reason that most fleets in the oil field are Fords, and it ain't the prices IMHO.

In fairness, I did drive a '93 GMC to 147k with only the windshield wiper motor going out, otherwise a good truck. So many things with the '95 Chevy I can't remember them all. I must have been smoking crack to buy another one in '08. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                              If they ever start making trucks...I'll buy one!

Tell me about all the "accurate" ford, dodge, and yota comercials...

Let's see, there was the yota pulling a trailer up a ramp wrapped in fire, that one really put it all out there.

Remember the ford one with the "rancher" who was trying to drive a 4" cedar post with a wooden mallet?

Don't get me started on dodge comercials....they always show the trucks actually running, I mean come on yall...
                              Curious what you drive Dale? Hatin all of them is just blasphemy! You must pick a side and realize if its not what you drive its JUNK!

Comment

grew up chevy fan always had chevys I wouldnt buy one now if youi put a gun to my head

Comment

Working...
                                X