No announcement yet.

Big Oak Trad Weekend, VI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can provide a hog on a weeks notice much of the time. Let me know if you want me to put one in cold storage for you.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
      I can provide a hog on a weeks notice much of the time. Let me know if you want me to put one in cold storage for you.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
      The best part of using wild hog for boudin isn't the final product... it's flinging an feather fletched arrow at a wild hog

If it came down to the wire, and you were closer (I'm near Houston) I would definitely take you up on that offer.

A little bit of background. Last year I brought up several packs of homemade boudin that I made from my first trad kill the year prior (a hog at Big Oak Trad IV.) I even brought up an electric smoker to smoke them. Now either people were just being nice, or people liked it cause it was gone within a couple minutes. I figured if I was able to make it to the event again this year, I'd bring some more.

Comment

Dag nabbit, put me in as a reserve as well. Maybe I can get lucky like with Mark's get-together and be in b the area those days as well

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Comment

Dang it! This Indiana boy has been waiting for this to come up!!!!!!! I missed it by a couple hours, maybe next year

Comment

Originally posted by MedicineMan7 View Post
            DANG! I'm late again!!!!!

I thought about you when I signed up but didn't have your number.
            Money sent for
            Shortstroke 91 Brandon Rogers
            Moah Todd Smith

Comment

Originally posted by SwampRabbit View Post
              The best part of using wild hog for boudin isn't the final product... it's flinging an feather fletched arrow at a wild hog

If it came down to the wire, and you were closer (I'm near Houston) I would definitely take you up on that offer.

A little bit of background. Last year I brought up several packs of homemade boudin that I made from my first trad kill the year prior (a hog at Big Oak Trad IV.) I even brought up an electric smoker to smoke them. Now either people were just being nice, or people liked it cause it was gone within a couple minutes. I figured if I was able to make it to the event again this year, I'd bring some more.
              I remember some of your boudin from two years ago that you brought over and threw on the grill by the smaller room where a few of us stayed. I don't mind being honest with someone when it come so food. It's good or it isn't. And that boudin was some dang fine sausage. I'll put it right with the best I have had in Texas or Louisiana.
              B

Comment

You better kill a pig quick Scott, that was some of the best Boudin I have had in a long time. . .

Comment

Originally posted by bk_tradguy88 View Post
                  I remember some of your boudin from two years ago that you brought over and threw on the grill by the smaller room where a few of us stayed. I don't mind being honest with someone when it come so food. It's good or it isn't. And that boudin was some dang fine sausage. I'll put it right with the best I have had in Texas or Louisiana.
                  B
                  Thanks! Well even if I have to use $.99 per pound pork butts... I'll be bringing some again this go round.

Hopefully I'll be able to continue another trend as well... Little John and Slayer can clean whatever I shoot on Friday evening

God I hope I didn't just jinx myself...

Comment

Hey, I'm finally back in phone service! Scott, that was some really good boudin!

And I would be happy to let Little John and Slayer clean whatever I kill too!!!!

Bisch

Comment

Nice boys, nice!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Comment

Dear SwampRabbit, you know I consider you a close friend, and a member of the Lost Cow Ranch Hunting Club....but store bought pork????

I guess it's better than starving. :-)

Comment

LMAO!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Comment

I know... I know... I know...

If that blasted feeder hadn't stopped throwing 4 days before I visited my Hilltop lot... then maybe I wouldn't be talking store bought meat.

Comment

You could have said you hunted it down "leaving out the part that you hunted for in the cold section at HEB". Geezzzz, have you learned nothing. lol. If you are going to be an "outdoorsman" you need to able to stretch a fish, the size of a buck, or perhaps where you got a pork shoulder.

Comment

LOL... I still have alot to learn. Gonna have to reread some of those Chunky hunting stories again though after this fine lesson in story telling LOL

Comment

Working...
                                X