Seeing SPOTS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seeing SPOTS

How did everyone’s fawn crop turn out this year?

McCulloch Co. is looking good….
    Attached Files

Lots and lots of spotted fawns, and still many on camera from the past week.

Comment

wowsers, thats a healthy fawn crop

1st pic, has 2 sets of twins and a single? Or do you think it is triplets and 2 singles? I bet 2 sets of twins

Comment

Originally posted by Reaper View Post

wowsers, thats a healthy fawn crop

1st pic, has 2 sets of twins and a single? Or do you think it is triplets and 2 singles? I bet 2 sets of twins

Two sets of twins....

Comment

Man look at all those Axis does. :-)

Comment

Nice crop partner

Comment

Ours was good
              Great pics

Comment

That's a good sign.

Comment

This season I'm hunting a friend's place in Shackleford Co. Just about every doe seen on TC has a pair of twins tagging along. I know twins are common, but this year it looks like in most cases both fawns made it to mid September. In mid August we found a doe dead in a fence near a feeder. That TC showed what I assume is her twins showing up by themselves at that feeder. However last time I checked there were numerous pics of a lone fawn at the corn. His/her sibling must have fallen to the yotes.

Comment

Better than last year. Had only 3 fawns on entire place. Year before, every doe but 3 had a fawn tagging along with 5 sets of twins. This year looks like somewhere in between, maybe 8-10 fawns.

Comment

I got a few fawns on cam this month. Around the second through eight.

Comment

We got a ton of them in Williamson county

Comment

On my place this is the worst fawn crop I have seen in the last 6 years. 2 years worth of prolonged drought has left the brush extremely thin with no good fawn cover. Most of the does I have seen don't have fawns with them. We have found 3 fawns dead already. Anybody that has gotten any rain this year should feel extremely fortunate because there are still areas of the state that are in desperate need of moisture.

Comment

Man I got fawns all over the place over here north Of Bryan.

Comment

Ton of fawns in McMullen Co.

Comment

Working...
                              X