Bow practice College Station

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bow practice College Station

My sons Aggie girlfriend is looking for a cheap/free place to set up a target and practice with her bow.

Any suggestions?

Brazos valley archery club, $25 a year and targets are already up

Comment

Live oak archery in south Bryan off of Texas ave (or near there). If not there, go down wellborn to capstone drive and you can shoot outside of the reserve. I use to live there and never had anyone say anything to me or my buddies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by HighwayHunter View Post
        Live oak archery in south Bryan off of Texas ave (or near there). If not there, go down wellborn to capstone drive and you can shoot outside of the reserve. I use to live there and never had anyone say anything to me or my buddies.

Call CSPD first before doing this. Not worth being the one to find out it is against the city ordinance.

Comment

Originally posted by popup_menace View Post
          Call CSPD first before doing this. Not worth being the one to find out it is against the city ordinance.

^^^ yeah could’ve added that. We didn’t do that..but I’d recommend it.

Comment

Tell them to look at the open range hours for the on campus archery range. Most students don’t realize that there is a very nice indoor archery facility in the student rec center. When you go in, take the stairs past the cafe up to the second floor and to the right down a short hallway if my memory is right.

Comment

Originally posted by Wall_Hanger View Post
              Tell them to look at the open range hours for the on campus archery range. Most students don’t realize that there is a very nice indoor archery facility in the student rec center. When you go in, take the stairs past the cafe up to the second floor and to the right down a short hallway if my memory is right.
              Not sure what the rules are for shooting without joining the club, I would think there would be some liability issues but I honestly don't know. the club meets Thursday evening for practices and that room is usually open for practice as well throughout the week. the outdoor range is available as well but that is touch and go with the construction out there.

Comment

There’s an outdoor archery range in Austin’s Colony Park, in Bryan. Free, you can stretch out to sixty, maybe seventy, yards, lots of room for multiple shooters. I try to hit it at least three times a month.

Comment

Originally posted by TexOddball View Post
                  There’s an outdoor archery range in Austin’s Colony Park, in Bryan. Free, you can stretch out to sixty, maybe seventy, yards, lots of room for multiple shooters. I try to hit it at least three times a month.
                  Where? I live in Austin's Colony. Me and my neighbor both shoot.

Comment

Originally posted by TX_Kevin View Post
                    Where? I live in Austin's Colony. Me and my neighbor both shoot.
                    In the city park that wraps around Mitchell Elementary. From the Park’s parking lot, take the gravel path that goes between the sand volleyball court and the horseshoe pits, and wraps around the enclosed tennis courts, you’ll see a big long stretch of wood privacy fence, the archery range is in there.

Comment

Come on, Brent. Brazos County Archery Club. You should see all of the upgrades we made, like paved driveway. Students still only pay $25 / year and new or renewal right now expires in December 2019.

Send her to me, I'll take of her.

Comment

Just a note on College Station ordinances, you can’t shoot a bow inside the city limits, fyi. The ordinance is very specific.

Comment

Originally posted by Bryan2014 View Post
                          Brazos valley archery club, $25 a year and targets are already up
                          ^^^^This.....my son goes to Texas A&M and shoots there weekly. If it rains he goes to the Archery Shop there in town. Can’t beat $25 per year to shoot at Brazos Valley.

Comment

Originally posted by DanLeaAnn View Post
                            Not sure what the rules are for shooting without joining the club, I would think there would be some liability issues but I honestly don't know. the club meets Thursday evening for practices and that room is usually open for practice as well throughout the week. the outdoor range is available as well but that is touch and go with the construction out there.
                            I was a club member, but I also remember it being pretty lax on guest. Either way OP, join the club and go shoot at a very nice indoor range and learn from the competition level shooters.

Comment

Originally posted by CamoQuest View Post
                              Just a note on College Station ordinances, you can’t shoot a bow inside the city limits, fyi. The ordinance is very specific.
                              Happen to know how I could find that ordinance? I hadn't heard of it.

OP, if they haven't found a place or want to be outside, shoot me a PM. I have some empty lots on the Brazos (and out of town) they are welcome to use. 10-15 minutes southwest of campus. Should be good for 50 yards or so.
                              Last edited by toledo; 11-07-2018, 09:39 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X