Barking dogs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Barking dogs

So I have 2 weeny dogs that are just a few bricks shy of a load. They are only as smart as they want to be ( because of the wife mostly ) Here is the deal, if I am home by myself they never make a sound, but when the wife gets home it is full on bark mode at anything. I walk in they bark, company they bark, tanker truck goes by they bark, someone they know and have seen 100 times they bark, we can be watching tv and I get up to get a beer they bark, door bell on tv they bark.

Anyone have any luck with the ultra sonic deterrent things? Wife will not let me get a shock collar. I did have a water gun for a while, kind of worked, but had to clean up the water afterwards.

Can anyone suggest anything short of a shock collar or 22 bullet?

THe wife is likely the cause and needs to be the one to correct the action.

Comment

The pound

Comment

Rolled newspaper

Comment

I wouldn't care get the shock collar ! may have to use it on wife also ? LOL

Comment

"Wife will not let me get a shock collar."

You sir are the problem. Put your big boy pants on and handle it.

They will stop barking when they get tired of being shocked.

Comment

Originally posted by Diamond S View Post
              Wife will not let me ...
              Not trying to be a smart arse here. That underlined part is probably your problem. Dogs are pack animals. When you are alone with them, you are the alpha. When your wife is home, they probably view her as the alpha and know they can get away with whatever you don't allow because she is present and she won't let you be mean to her little babies.

Your roles will probably need to change or she will need to step it up.

In regards to those high frequency things, my grandma used them for her dogs. It worked on some, but not on others. Never used them on my dogs.

Good luck, yappy dogs are highly annoying.

Comment

I second the rolled up newspaper, evertime the dogs bark smack the wife about the head with it. Garaunteed to make the problem go away!

Comment

give her an ultimatum ... sss

Comment

Originally posted by tex4k View Post
                    I second the rolled up newspaper, evertime the dogs bark smack the wife about the head with it. Garaunteed to make the problem go away!
                    So you're saying that he is the problem...

Comment

Light 'em up! Rinse, wash, repeat. Your wife will thank you later.

Actually those high frequency dealios work pretty well. Subtle yet effective.

Comment

You gotta let them know who's boss ... hump 'em till they pee!

I'm following this one. Our adoptamutt is very vocal, and I'd like it to stop.

Comment

Throw a shoe at them. If you are a good aim it will help. Make it fast. As soon as they start they need to be corrected. Your wife need to help. They should always be corrected.

Comment

Originally posted by Mesquite Archer View Post
                            Rolled newspaper
                            this and then hit said wife with it, then proceed to pack your things

Comment

Our weeny dog used to be like that. I started shooting him with a Nerf gun. He don't bark anymore. At least when I'm home. The worst one we had was a durn Chihuahua! Little sucker used to drive me nuts!

Comment

Working...
                              X