Which UTV would you buy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which UTV would you buy

Just curious as to which UTV you would buy and why. Crew cab?

Questions
    Terrain?
    Mud?
    Work?
    Pleasure?
    Kiddos?
    Hunt?

Ranger.

Comment

I wouldn't buy anything but a 4wd crew cab myself. Just depends on what all you are going to do with it. I also prefer power steering at my age.

Comment

It will be used for hunting only and 4X4

Comment

how much ground do you need to cover?

Comment

I got a kawasaki mule due to rancher work and hunting, it's tough machine for sure not fast but am not racing....it's has power steering,fuel injection,good room,easy operation.
            They are called MULE for a reason they last long and I can vouch for that cuz my buddy has a 1996 one and it's been to hell and back and that mule still runs today!

Comment

Id go with a 4x4 crew Polaris ranger.

Comment

I have had the old 610...was a slow but awesome rig...now i have the 4010 trans mule..convertible crew to bigger bed...love it...yes the EFI and power steering is sweet!

Comment

Originally posted by Maxxisman View Post
                  Id go with a 4x4 crew Polaris ranger.

This. When you get it, wrap electrical tape around the bed latches to stop the squeaking. Fyi

Comment

Originally posted by super_dave View Post
                    This. When you get it, wrap electrical tape around the bed latches to stop the squeaking. Fyi
                    This has been driving me nuts!

Comment

Just bought a 2013 Ranger Crew 800. I am liking it so far!
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by bwssr View Post
                        how much ground do you need to cover?
                        Not a lot but, electric would be a no go

Comment

Have owned two Kawasaki Mules and one John Deere Gator, one Kubota RTV, and two Polaris Rangers since the 90's.

Mules were great except belt drive sucks in submersion or chronic wet usage. Slip and break too often. Limited top end speed but better than JD and Kubota.

Stay totally away from Kubotas. They sell hydraulic drive, which is great. However they are underpowered, slow lemons prone to overheating in summer and Kubota won't stand by warranties. Even lug nuts and studs were too small and vibrate loose. Had a wheel nearly fall off while running it. Terribly under designed for rough usage. Kubota tractors are great, but their RTV's are not up to Kubota tractor standards. Shameful on their part.

John Deere Gator was also underpowered but that has been addressed in recent models.

My Polaris 700 was great except both differential and transmissions have failed in past 5 years of usage, Large stick wedged up in u joint caused transmission failure, so cant really blame that on them. All Polaris pre-900 models have way too long turning radius and engine being under seat makes cab hot and noisy.

Went with Polaris 900 Browning model this fall. Engine further back and much cooler in cab. Also much quieter. Most important is Power Steering. Awesome! Must have! Top end speed approaches 60mph, but don't recommend testing that. Just saying not underpowered.

Good luck.
                          Last edited by Pineywoods Paul; 01-19-2014, 03:32 PM.

Comment

Honda big red. Shaft driven. Tough as nails.

Comment

Anyone jumped through the hoops and can suggest the best place to purchase one?

Comment

Working...
                              X