X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scott Exxus

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Whiskers View Post
      Not to hijack but did they quit making the Nock 2 it? Cannot find any for sale

Out of stock right now but it says new supplies coming soon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

[QUOTE=cwd500;13801483]https://www.nockonarchery.com/archer...m-release.html

Out of stock right now but it says new supplies coming soon

TY sir

Comment

Another option for a two release fit would be the Tru Ball Abyss and Fulcrum, go with the Flex series; the adjustable finger position is a big help.

Tru Ball also has the GOAT which is a hinge and a trigger all in one; you decide how it is to be activated and can change it very easily.

http://www.truball.com/GOAT.html

I shoot the HBX from Tru Ball and I like that it can be shot like both, though technically it isn't either one. It is unique in how it fires.

Spend the money on a good release, no travel is very important in keeping the shot as much a surprise as possible and this is where cheaper release aids do a poor job.

Basically, listen to Pop Up Menace!

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Whiskers View Post
            Not to hijack but did they quit making the Nock 2 it? Cannot find any for sale
            If this is the release you want I suggest you get on the email list; when they are back in stock they do not last long. Another option would be to go over to Archery Talk and find one in the classifieds for sale.

Comment

i use an older Trufire Hardcore 4 revolution. bought it used on AT and haven't found a need to change. i love handheld releases. won't ever shoot a wrist strap again.

Comment

Stan.. I use a shootoff, know folks that like the perfex

Carter(makes Nock On)- so go to a 3 finger wise choice.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

The Carter Plain 1 is the release that made it possible for me to put my wrist release up for good. I do shoot better with this thumb release.

Comment

Originally posted by Miller View Post
                    If you truly want to shoot with back tension then you probably need to start with a back tension release. If you punch a finger release then odds are heavy you will just punch a thumb. Once you learn how to shoot with back tension on a resistance release then you can do it with a thumb release. It is pretty hard to just grab a thumb release and shoot with back tension if you don't really know how to do it.

With that said these releases offer both a Thumb and Resistance Release that are the same size. That is what I would recommend. I like to switch between the two of them.

Stan Perfex Resistance and Thumb
                    Nock 2 It and Silverback
                    Carter Wise Choice and Evolution

John Dudley has some good videos on all of this if you decide to go in that direction.
                    I don’t punch my current release ( at least most of the time I don’t) I’m just trying to figure out what might be more beneficial for me. I’m leaning towards the silver back. John Dudley covered a lot of this in his podcast but I’m wanting to hear it from y’all. Thanks for the help so far.

Do you prefer back tension vs thumb for hunting?

Comment

Carter Chocolate Addiction 4

Big and perfect to spread across 4 fingers with hunting draw weights. Highly adjustable and it's a CARTER

Last edited by AtTheWall; 11-20-2018, 12:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BLACKFINTURKEY View Post
                        I don’t punch my current release ( at least most of the time I don’t) I’m just trying to figure out what might be more beneficial for me. I’m leaning towards the silver back. John Dudley covered a lot of this in his podcast but I’m wanting to hear it from y’all. Thanks for the help so far.

Do you prefer back tension vs thumb for hunting?
                        Back tension is a process, not a design, just to be clear so we all know what we are talking about.

I THINK you are asking if a RESISTANCE ACTIVATED release (no hinge, no trigger, just fires based on resistance) is good for hunting. I wouldn't because I would get excited in the heat of the moment and blow the shot pulling too hard; but some people use them undoubtedly.

A THUMB TRIGGER release is still fired using back tension, if done correctly. A thumb trigger shouldn't be shot on command, it should be shot by using back tension. However, it is the easiest to shoot on command when needed, like when the animal steps into a tight shooting lane, or in wind.

All handheld release aids can be shot on command, some are just more difficult, which is what makes them so good for shooting, no command shot means no anticipating the shot.

Back tension is the process used to shoot the release whether it be a hinge, thumb, resistance, hybrid like the HBX or a wrist strap.

Comment

Originally posted by AtTheWall View Post
                          Carter Chocolate Addiction 4

Big and perfect to spread across 4 fingers with hunting draw weights. Highly adjustable and it's a CARTER

THIS for the win. I use to pull the trigger and all my arrows would fly off target. I read about thumb releases and have had much much tighter groups. I am not saying this fixed my inconsistency completely, these releases just helped me get better.

Comment

I switched to a tru ball boss X several years ago and have no desire to ever go back to a wrist release again. Put your thumb on the trigger and increase tension until it goes off. Adjustable with no creep.

Comment

Working...
                            X