No announcement yet.

This ever happen to you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I forgot to take my Kershaw open assist out of my pants once before throwing them in the wash. It took me a few minutes to figure out what happened but needless to say the pants were trashed.

Comment

Originally posted by Diamond S View Post
      That is the same way mine is, but in the left front pocket. It should not be able to open. However, it was open enough that the razor sharp tip and a little more was able to find its way into my leg. I should have emptied my pockets first, but I was ready for bed and took a short cut. As sharp as I keep my knives I am just glad it was not worse than it was.

That sucks brother I'm sorry. I feel it easier to grab out of my back pocket and the motion is a bit more natural. Like drawing a sidearm from the 4 or 8 o clock positions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by NxSTexan View Post
        That sucks brother I'm sorry. I feel it easier to grab out of my back pocket and the motion is a bit more natural. Like drawing a sidearm from the 4 or 8 o clock positions.

I hear ya, it was my fault for being lazy and not taking everything out of my pockets as normal. However, from the other post it seems the safety may not have been installed on the one I have. I hope that I have a good conversation with Kershaw tomorrow and will no longer have to worry about it.

Comment

Well.... where are the pics?

Comment

She aaid......"Is That a Knife in Your Pocket, or Are You Just Glad to See Me?"

Comment

Guess I will get on their web page tomorrow and see if I can get a safety installed or sent to me.
              The kershaw leek like the one above is notorious for opening and thats why a safety is needed.. i love mine and it's the slickest little knife for $30. Not all models have the safeties. Between my brother and i we probably have most of them.. the decent ones atleast!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Safety???? Do tell.

Some of the speed assist models like the leek and scallion have external safety’s to keep them from deploying. I have several sand also the same model the OP has, it does not have a safety.

Comment

Definitely keep the safety on with my autos

Comment

Screw that knife man. Those flipper designs are not my favorite. There are so many manual opening knifes out there that open with basically the same speed as a spring assisted flipper that also have good blade retention so it doesnt open in your pocket. But the knifes with good blade retention typically cost a little more but you wont get cut like that again.
                    Last edited by meat>horns; 11-11-2018, 08:50 PM.

Comment

Need a safety!!

Comment

My SOG Autotac opened in my pocket once. Reached in for my keys and sliced my thumb deep enough to get stitches. Knife was so sharp that I didn’t know I was cut until my hand came out of my pocket. Blood everywhere. I should of had it stitched but was getting ready to go hunting. Superglue fixed me up. My SOG had a safety but it was positioned where when I put my hand in my pocket it unlocked the safety. I reversed the clip so safety is now on the outward side in my pocket.

Comment

So last night I was getting ready to call it a night, was in the bedroom and started to shuck the pants when all of the sudden I got a sharp ( no pun intended ) pain in my left leg that was burning like fire. As it turns out, my spring assist pocket knife had some how came open with out me knowing, that bad boy did a number on my leg. Has anyone ever had their spring assist come open in their pocket? I am thinking I no longer need to carry this knife. Prior to this I had been doing a lot of bending and squatting building a hog trap, so what are the odds of something like this happening? I know, 100% in my case, but really!!???

The knife is a Kershaw " speed safe "
                          I've been carrying knives like this for years. I really like them. However, that speedsafe locking mechanism has been prone to failure/ breakage on every one I've owned. Look in there at the sppedsafe lock and make sure that it's not broken off. That's what mine have done. Kershaw will repair it under warranty.

Comment

Originally posted by nursejenn View Post
                            Well.... where are the pics?
                            I am glad it was you that ask, I was over here just waiting to see " Pics or it didn't happen " in a post from a guy. But to answer your question, you know it is no shave November........Not a pretty site. LOL

Everyone enjoy your breakfast now. LOL

Comment

Had a full blown switch blade come open right smack in the middle of 9th grade English class. Sat there bleeding like a stuck hog. Couldn't say anything because I would get suspended.

Comment

I've had a similar thing happen once. I now use a shrade with a safety lock. Hasn't happened since.

Comment

Working...
                                X