Food plot opinion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Food plot opinion

I put out a plot using turner seed’s fall blend. Whether because I didn’t spread evenly or the army worms got me I have some good sized stretches with nothing much there. Any suggestions for an inexpensive filler? I didn’t really feel like going the extra hour out of my way to turner seed again. I was thinking oats since that’s a high choice food for deer and it isn’t too expensive. Anybody have a different opinion?

I’ll be broadcasting it and just kind of working it through the top layer of duff from the grass I sprayed if that makes a difference with germination rates etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You should be able to get clover, oats, wheat or a cheap mix to throw down at most feed stores.

The whole oats I put down is coming up very well. It was $11 for 50#

Comment

Yep, do what he said. Last year the army worms got my Turner Seed Blend in late October. Wiped me out! Second weekend in November I put out regular winter wheat just trying to get something back into the ground, hoping the deer would get something to eat through the winter. It worked just fine. Just fill in the gaps. But you might want to wait and be sure the worms are gone. I’ve got 10 acres of Turner in the ground now that I’m scared to death I’m gonna loose again

Comment

I’m gonna go broadcast in a granular pesticide when I spread the seed. Hopefully that will keep em off my plots.

Thanks for the advice guys!

Comment

Working...
        X