Nightlife around Dallas/Arlington

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We are going to the LSU/Miami football game in a few weeks at Cowboy stadium and contemplating if we want to stay in Arlington or more downtown Dallas. We will probably Uber every we have to go but does Arlington have much of a night life scene or is Dallas a better option even though its a further drive to the stadium? Any type of area where we could walk to numerous bars without driving all over? Also what would be a good restaurant option for Saturday evening?

I hear Uptown is where all the hipsters hang out.

I have some friends that live in Ft Worth and they do go to a few bars in dallas everynow and then. But the Ft Worth atmosphere is better they say

Comment

Originally posted by BBReezen View Post

I have some friends that live in Ft Worth and they do go to a few bars in dallas everynow and then. But the Ft Worth atmosphere is better they say
      Not much into the hipster scene. Any certain areas in ft worth?

Comment

Ft worth

North Side/Stockyards will have live tunes, more country, and more laid back vibe.

Downtown is a little more hipster but still very cool.

West 7th has a bunch of new bars. Magnolia Motor lounge, and Fred's being the best.

All blow away anything Dallas has to offer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Last edited by Dale Moser; 08-16-2018, 10:55 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
          Ft worth

North Side/Stockyards will have live tunes, more country, and more laid back vibe.

Downtown is a little more hipster but still very cool.

West 7th has a bunch of new bars. Magnolia Motor lounge, and Fred's being the best.

All blow away anything Dallas has to offer.

Good deal, Thanks. I remember eating at a small Italian restaurant a few years ago when I was doing some business there and it had the best Lasagna i have ever eaten. Wish i could remember the name of it.

Comment

ft worth for me. there is some new stuff around the ballpark called Texas live that might be worth a look.

Comment

Originally posted by RaginCagin View Post
              We are going to the LSU/Miami football game in a few weeks at Cowboy stadium and contemplating if we want to stay in Arlington or more downtown Dallas. We will probably Uber every we have to go but does Arlington have much of a night life scene or is Dallas a better option even though its a further drive to the stadium? Any type of area where we could walk to numerous bars without driving all over? Also what would be a good restaurant option for Saturday evening?
              Thanks for the invite
              Just save your energy for the tailgating and game. An old man with five kids dragging his wife around needs all the rest he can get. And, Ft Worth is much better.

Comment

Originally posted by RaginCagin View Post
                Good deal, Thanks. I remember eating at a small Italian restaurant a few years ago when I was doing some business there and it had the best Lasagna i have ever eaten. Wish i could remember the name of it.
                Wonder if it was Italian Inn? Used to have my favorite Lasagna, but I think they shut down both locations they had in FTW?

Comment

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
                  Thanks for the invite
                  Just save your energy for the tailgating and game. An old man with five kids dragging his wife around needs all the rest he can get. And, Ft Worth is much better.
                  I don't get tired, and we were invited to go by someone else.

Comment

Originally posted by BBReezen View Post

Fort Worth is so more laid back.

Comment

Pat Greens Backyard at the Rustic in Dallas will be packed but some like that kind of thing.

Comment

The new Texas live development right by the ballpark looks really neat, I'll bet it will be jumping on game day.

The only good Italian I remember is Italian Inn, and the old spaghetti warehouse, both closed.

Horseshoe Hill Cafe is supposed to be the best CFS in North Texas now, but I've yet to try it.

Heim BBQ is supposed to be phenomenal too, but I ain't waiting in line for it.

Comment

Another vote for texas live, stay and play, save your uber money

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                            The new Texas live development right by the ballpark looks really neat, I'll bet it will be jumping on game day.

The only good Italian I remember is Italian Inn, and the old spaghetti warehouse, both closed.

Horseshoe Hill Cafe is supposed to be the best CFS in North Texas now, but I've yet to try it.

Heim BBQ is supposed to be phenomenal too, but I ain't waiting in line for it.

May have to try horseshoe cafe or a good steak house. I do fried chicken, seafood and bbq every day of my life in my restaurant so those 3 things are out, lol.

Comment

H3 Ranch is pretty good, and it's close to White Elephant, and Whiskey Girl, Saloons.

Comment

Working...
                              X