Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help identify old piece.... west Texas find.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dusty Britches View Post
    When they say a Texas Martingale, is that the piece on the front of the breast strap of a saddle? At least that's what I'm thinking.
    I think they have the usage of the word ‘martingale’ a little off. A martingale is an actual piece of tack that is used to help set a horse’s head. There are all different types, with different purposes. They can be plain or decorated, like the ones used in the Calvary. Not doubting the cave find came off a martingale, but the description in the link looks like it was written by a non-horse person.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill in San Jose View Post
      Thank you Bill. Thank you all. We found a little piece of history and it helps knowing in general what and where it may of been from.

Comment

Originally posted by CamoQuest View Post
        I think they have the usage of the word ‘martingale’ a little off. A martingale is an actual piece of tack that is used to help set a horse’s head. There are all different types, with different purposes. They can be plain or decorated, like the ones used in the Calvary. Not doubting the cave find came off a martingale, but the description in the link looks like it was written by a non-horse person.
        Thank you. I thought the martingale was how you described it but this looks like a concho you would put on the center of the breast strap.

Comment

Originally posted by J-Fish View Post
          Well why don’t you school us old wise one...

Don’t know about you but this lines up with my texas history and geography classes from high school.

Cant tell if it’s “pot metal” or silver but it was cast, not stamped

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          All my life, I grew up thinking Fort Worth is where the West begins? Guees that's re: the country, not the state.

Comment

Working...
          X