X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not least* but list

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Shane, those are GREAT PICS!! That young man has sure done some growin'... and right here on the Green Screen!! How proud you must be of him!

Comment

Axis without a doubt is the best venison. Aoudad is horrible

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
          Shane, those are GREAT PICS!! That young man has sure done some growin'... and right here on the Green Screen!! How proud you must be of him!
          He's 6'3" and 205# now at 20 years old. I try not to **** him off.

Comment

You fellas all send me some of whatever y'all have and I'll give them all a try and I'll report back to this thread. .... I have been wanting to try blackbuck for while. I guess I may have to go kill one pretty soon!

Comment

Thanks folks! Trying to set up a hunt and those animals I posted are on the "available to hit" list. I wanted to make sure I fling an arrow at something that we'll enjoy eating.

Richard.

Comment

Originally posted by TheHammer View Post
                You fellas all send me some of whatever y'all have and I'll give them all a try and I'll report back to this thread. .... I have been wanting to try blackbuck for while. I guess I may have to go kill one pretty soon!
                The blackbuck I killed tasted great. The only thing wrong with it was it was tiny. You can hold an entire ham in the palm of your hand nearly. Backstraps look like deer tenderloins.

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
                  The blackbuck I killed tasted great. The only thing wrong with it was it was tiny. You can hold an entire ham in the palm of your hand nearly. Backstraps look like deer tenderloins.

I didn't even think about the size. Axis will probably be more bang for my buck. But I have been looking for a big ol blackbuck for the wall. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by TheHammer View Post
                    I didn't even think about the size. Axis will probably be more bang for my buck. But I have been looking for a big ol blackbuck for the wall. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    Yep. You'd have to kill a small herd of blackbuck to fill a freezer. But they're pretty little suckers. Looks great on the wall.

Comment

I would guess axis then fallow and black buck , having never eaten aoudad . But my list would have oryx in the number one spot !

Comment

No doubt, axis is best, then fallow.

Aoudad is a sheep, and as such, is nasty!!!!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Why is aoudad on this list? ��

Comment

Axis

Comment

Originally posted by Junkers88 View Post
                              Which one tastes better? Axis, Fallow, Aoudad or Blackbuck
                              Like the title says. Those of you that have hunted/eaten all of the above which one tastes better? To keep it simple lets just focus on steaks.

Richard.
                              Axis, Blackbuck, then Fallow, I can't comment on Audad because I've never had any. And for a reference to my opinion Whitetail on average falls between Blackbuck and Fallow. I say on average because I shot a yearling doe once that would rival any Axis I've ever had!

Comment

Axis is my favorite. I haven't had black buck though. A lot of people talk bad about aoudad but I ate a pretty old one my dad shot, was 29'' and 31'' on the other side. For aoudad and other rams its all in the way you cook it. If you do sausage they'll taste good, jut really greasy. My favorite is barbecue and birria, saying that, cook an aoudad in a stew of your choice and they will come out tasting great.

Comment

Working...
                                X