Id take him

Comment

Shoot him.

Comment

He's got age and character. Take him.

Comment

smoke him before someone else does

Comment

You'll get a better idea of age once he loses summer coat. The daytime pic he looks younger to me also but I don't know how many bucks my opinion has changed from seeing them in person over cameras. You'll know once you see him.

Comment

Definitely 5-6. He'd be on my list!

Comment

Originally posted by WamBow View Post
                Typically a mature bucks antlers will extend to or past his nose. Based on the color pic I don't see the age in the face. Also don't see the girth in the front shoulders mature bucks usually develop. No sagging or squinting eyes. His antlers have several extra points; any protein feed? No matter what that is a nice looking buck.
                Sorry I ask but where did you learn that mature bucks main beams will extend to or past his nose? A couple of things you say make some sense but we are not looking at a buck in November.

Comment

Real old. I have hunted that area for many years. When that velvet comes off and he puts on winter weight you will know

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
                  Last edited by Redraider; 08-15-2017, 07:16 PM.

Comment

I see I'm late to the party now on what I said about the main beam age deal. Lol. All deer r different on every property. But IMO he is a post mature deer.

Comment

if you have to ask yourself when he steps out if he is gig enough then he's probably not a deer you'll be happy with.

Comment

I've seen you shoot bud. He's going to walk anyway🙈

Comment

oh he needs to be ventilated

Comment

Originally posted by WamBow View Post
                            So what is everyone seeing from the B&W hazy pics that makes so sure he's a rare "run down" older buck? Imo if he's that old to have the thinning from age he wouldn't have such a sizeable rack. The deer biology would maintain his body first not his rack. I think he's a very impressive young deer that should be allowed to spread those genetics. "Run down" old bucks are very rare much less sporting a huge rack. All that said, I would want to see color pics that might show the sagging hide in the face and jaw line to be sure.
                            huh

Comment

Um...that deer is not young. Shoot him.

Comment

He looks 7.5 to me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X