Not the weekend I planned

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not the weekend I planned

Arrived Saturday morning planning to watch the aggies and have an evening sit in the ladder stand. Well, arrived to a leaky water heater. I blame my self - I have been threatening to replace it for months knowing it was old and didn't have a dang drain pan (came with our ranch house).

Luckily most of the water was going under our pier/beam house and the laminate floors were a bit swollen up. There was some mold growing in the closet. So my wife says well we dont need to shower this weekend - we'll be fine! I love her! So I got online and ordered everything I needed from HD online (new everything heater, pan, shutoff, supply lines). Got the old one removed and tore out the wet and moldy paneling. Put a big fan on it and made it to the stand for an evening sit - saw one 7 point and 5 doe.
    This morning I went and picked up my order at HD and had it replaced and working before cowboys kickoff! Let this be a lesson to those putting this off! New one is guaranteed to 2030 and has a overflow alarm and auto shutoff....

Glad it wasn't too much of a mess. Beautiful last pic!

Comment

Not the opening weekend for me either. Sat morning pouring rain which we need so I didn't go. Sat evening had a Aggie friends birthday party and watched football. Sunday mornings hunt was out starting throwing up around 230 and about 10 buicks later sleep in till noon. Sun evening rain and couldn't cross the creek to get to my stand. But that's ok we needed the rain and the bucks should be there the next time. Haven't seen anything on the game cards yet that would qualify as a shooter anyways.

Comment

glad you got it all squared away, nice last pic

Comment

Nice !

Comment

to hot anyway!

Comment

Working...
            X