Where to order trees?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where to order trees?

Does anyone have any experience ordering trees and having them delivered? I want to plant about a dozen each fall of different varieties, larger trees (6-8'). Any recommendations on who to buy from that sells quality trees? I live in temple, so I could pick up myself if needed.

What kind of trees are you looking for? You might try to contact some local growers in your area and see if they might sell to the public or if they have any "culls" they need to get rid of.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

There’s a tree farm on highway 154 I think somewhere between Quitman and Gilmer. Can’t remember the name or a more specific location.

Comment

Originally posted by Worksalot View Post
        There’s a tree farm on highway 154 I think somewhere between Quitman and Gilmer. Can’t remember the name or a more specific location.

Mill Creek Farm

Comment

I just ordered from bob wells nursery online. SUPER fast shipping. I ordered lapin cherry trees and they were much better than fruit trees at lowes or home depot.

Comment

Where to order trees?

Originally posted by Hunter_Man View Post
            I just ordered from bob wells nursery online. SUPER fast shipping. I ordered lapin cherry trees and they were much better than fruit trees at lowes or home depot.

Be careful when planting Bob Wells trees. Sometimes they are not rooted well in the containers

Only complaint I have with them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Check out The Wildlife Group

Comment

subscribed for results

Comment

6 - 8' will not be cheap shipping, so your probably better off just getting from local nurseries.

If you want pecan trees or different fruit varieties, you can go to Womack Nursery in de leon. I'm not sure if they sell container trees though. Bare root you need to pick up and plant around February/March.

Comment

I use

Nature Hills Nursery - America's #1 online plant nursery offering trees, shrubs, plants & much more! Plants online & the lowest prices guaranteed.

Free shipping on any real order and good prices.

Comment

Womack Nursery is a third generation family owned business with over 80 years of experience growing pecan trees and a wide variety of fruit trees.

What JeffK in post #9 says. Womack's in Deleon, TX

Comment

Working...
                      X