Diy 2x72 grinder build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Diy 2x72 grinder build

Started my grinder build today. Using the nwg plans but modifying them. I haven't got my wheels form Sunray yet so it's not complete. I've also got to find a metal work bench.
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

I don't know what you're spending on wheels and a platen but I know I spent over $500.00 bucks building my first one on just wheels alone. Here's one on Ebay and all you need is a motor under $500.00 That's the best ;price I've ever seen on a DYI grinder. In fact I just bought another platen a couple of months ago and spent over $200.00.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Nothing wrong with DYI tools I save a lot of money doing that.
      This is my next project I'm going to do with my other grinder; I'm going to build a surface grinder like this one.
      This is a demo of the Strap On surface grinder, using a Wilmont Little Buddy 1000. The first blade is stainless, hence no sparks. I have not edited out any o...
      Last edited by Bjankowski; 03-01-2015, 10:03 PM.

Comment

subscribed.let us know of final cosy

Comment

So far I spent about 200 on wheels. And I bought a 3hp and a 2hp motor of craigs list for 180. The 3hp will go on this and the 2 hp will be a disk grinder. The most expensive part was the KB vfd to run the motor ($400). But it will be fully variable speed without pullies.

Comment

so 690 so far?

Comment

Originally posted by Bjankowski View Post
              I don't know what you're spending on wheels and a platen but I know I spent over $500.00 bucks building my first one on just wheels alone. Here's one on Ebay and all you need is a motor under $500.00 That's the best ;price I've ever seen on a DYI grinder. In fact I just bought another platen a couple of months ago and spent over $200.00.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Nothing wrong with DYI tools I save a lot of money doing that.
              This is my next project I'm going to do with my other grinder; I'm going to build a surface grinder like this one.
              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kazpKqIWQpA
              Bob I just bought a new platten for 75 bucks from jose at pheer.I'll post a pic of new and old

Comment

new,old,the original doesn't have a lot of hand room on the tool arm side

Comment

Tagged for a later date all I have is a harbor freight job lol

Comment

Waiting to see how this one progresses.

Comment

Originally posted by paintman View Post
                      so 690 so far?
                      Yeah I would say so. Lets see a pic of your whole grinder if you don't mind.

Comment

when it was nice and clean.variable speed

Comment

Thats a whole lot simpler design that I did. Wish I would have seen it. Still might have to borrow some things.

Where did you get that spring?

Comment

I had this grinder built by pheer

Comment

Originally posted by 1shot View Post
                              So far I spent about 200 on wheels. And I bought a 3hp and a 2hp motor of craigs list for 180. The 3hp will go on this and the 2 hp will be a disk grinder. The most expensive part was the KB vfd to run the motor ($400). But it will be fully variable speed without pullies.
                              That's the only way to go I my humble opinion. I'm running a 3 hp. Leeson with a Leeson controller on my primary 2X72.

Comment

Working...
                              X