No announcement yet.

FSC Week 41

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh, heck. Just got back in town. I'll think of something in a bit.

Tradturke?

How bout those LSU Tigers whoopin up on Georgia!!! In case anyone wondered, tradTIGER refers to shooting traditional equipment and rooting for the LSU Tigers, where I and all of my siblings graduated and Dad taught for almost four decades.

Comment

Originally posted by tradtiger View Post
      Oh, heck. Just got back in town. I'll think of something in a bit.

Tradturke?

How bout those LSU Tigers whoopin up on Georgia!!! In case anyone wondered, tradTIGER refers to shooting traditional equipment and rooting for the LSU Tigers, where I and all of my siblings graduated and Dad taught for almost four decades.

I've got the replay recording today! I was fishing Texas State Crappie Championship and didn't get home till the start of the 4th quarter and all CBS had on was the tornado warnings! Never saw a single snap! Good shooting and Geaux Tigers!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Slew View Post

Is it daily or am I done till next week?
        Well, technically, now that you posted your shot, you are pretty much considered done.

However... there is nothing that prevents you from using your first shot of any day for the challenge.. taking a pic of the result every day... and then posting your best first shot of the day whenever you are happy with it.

Say for example, shoot it on Monday - 2". Shoot on Wednesday 3/8" - Post up your Wednesday shot.

That is the way some folks used to play the game back in the day. And there is nothing wrong with that since it was always supposed to be the first shot of the day. If I recall correctly... I do think some folks actually double posted ("I'll try again tomorrow") and they were accepted... again... back in the day.
        Last edited by SwampRabbit; 10-15-2018, 09:21 AM.

Comment

I printed it but never got it done.

Comment

Originally posted by SwampRabbit View Post
            Well, technically, now that you posted your shot, you are pretty much considered done.

However... there is nothing that prevents you from using your first shot of any day for the challenge.. taking a pic of the result every day... and then posting your best first shot of the day whenever you are happy with it.

Say for example, shoot it on Monday - 2". Shoot on Wednesday 3/8" - Post up your Wednesday shot.

That is the way some folks used to play the game back in the day. And there is nothing wrong with that since it was always supposed to be the first shot of the day. If I recall correctly... I do think some folks actually double posted ("I'll try again tomorrow") and they were accepted... again... back in the day.

Couple of things. First, this challenge -- Week 41 -- wrapped up Saturday. Thanks to those who joined in. Good to be getting some newer shooters participating as well!

A Traditional FSC Week 42 thread is currently posted.

As for the info on first shot or trying again: Scott is correct that there has been some confusion in the past. I actually was one who misunderstood at one time.

The rules of the weekly contest -- unless specifically outlined otherwise on a given week's challenge shot call -- are that the first effort at a challenge is the one photographed and posted as that week's entry. Everyone is certainly encouraged to practice the shot more times throughout the week -- and they can even post those efforts -- but the first go is the one that counts for that week. Obvious exceptions would be if someone calls something like "three shots over three days, enter the best one" or something. Or, maybe, call "shoot a shot at a quarter-size spot; if you miss the paper, you can have a mulligan and take that."

Thanks for the growing interest! Now go shoot the Week 42 shot.

Comment

Working...
            X