Cleaning at dads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cleaning at dads

Was cleaning out out a back room at my dads found these brass shotgun shells “buckshot “ and a bunch of ammo
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0401.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	45.6 KB
ID:	25161673

Some of this ammunition maybe about 30 or 40 years old think it’s still good

Comment

Those brass shotshells may be older than you think. I'm seventy-one and we had paper shells when I was a kid. As for the other ammo, it's probably fine. Make your will out beforehand though...........

Comment

Have some paper shells also

Comment

Don’t use any of it. If you don’t want to keep it and you have the boxes sell it. Call around and find someone that collects old ammunition. Every gun show has guys that do this

Comment

Full brass shells were used in both WWII and the Korean war. Not sure about WWI. But do know the Germans tried to get the 12 pump "outlawed". They were deathly afraid of an American with a shotgun and buckshot. My ex wife's uncle was a prison guard in Korea. And that is what he used to guard the perimeter. Didn't have to worry as much about getting the paper shell wet. He used mostly Remington pump to guard with.

Comment

Those are cool! I'd love to buy some of these if you decide to sell. Im not a big collector but have some stuff displayed at my house.

Comment

Originally posted by doug View Post
                Those are cool! I'd love to buy some of these if you decide to sell. Im not a big collector but have some stuff displayed at my house.
                Not sure yet what I’m going to do but they are cool

Comment

I really like old ammo boxes and such.

Comment

Black powder. Got some from 1890 and a Damascus gun to shoot them out of...

Comment

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0416.jpg
Size:	82.0 KB
ID:	24558344Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0420.jpg
Size:	61.7 KB
ID:	24558345Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0419.jpg
Size:	64.6 KB
ID:	24558346Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0418.jpg
Size:	59.5 KB
ID:	24558347Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0417.jpg
Size:	81.7 KB
ID:	24558348

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Don't shoot the Wanda plastic shells. The rim pulls off with extraction. When they first came out I took 3-4boxes white wing dove hunting. I finally cut a willow stick to use as a ramrod to knock out the cases. Single shot pump gun.

Comment

Those 38 grain 5MM rimfire are turkey killing SOB's. They are worth $50 a box now, even with Centurian (Aguila) making them new.

Comment

Working...
                            X