Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Rifle, .300 win mag. Help me pick a round!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

180 or 200 Accubond

Comment

Originally posted by Arrowthreat View Post
      I love my .300. I have a Tikka T3X with a Bell & Carlson stock and a VX6HD 3-18-50. I shoot Hornady Precision Hunter ELD-X 200 grain. There's no advantage to a .300 unless you shoot heavy bullets. Otherwise, there's better caliber choices. Its obviously overkill for whitetail, but its really nice for big pigs or big game in general. With that being said, I will probably deer hunt with it this year since I put that VX6HD on it.
      Same, Remington 700 Long Range SS with Leupold VX5HD 3-15x44 shooting Hornady Precision Hunter ELD-X 200 gr. Absolutely deadly.

Also, deer can't be too dead, don't be afraid to shoot them with heavy bullets.

Comment

I shoot (run, is that ghetto talk?) 180 core lok in mine for years. Love it.

Comment

The real answer is whatever you can find in stock.

Comment

Originally posted by tmurray View Post
            The real answer is whatever you can find in stock.
            All walmarts carry the Rem 180 gr core lok for $23 per box

Comment

I would run 180 gr at a minimum. Otherwise you are wasting the potential IMHO. Dead is dead. May be overkill for whitetail but any bullet weight in a 300 will be. Might as well go "heavy enough" to kill anything you point at

Comment

lightest i would go would be the 165 barnes votx. but like others i prefer the 180grains better.

Comment

180 accubond

Comment

I bought a .300 WM for a Do-all rifle. I load it with Nosler Factory Ammo with 180 grain accubonds. Great bullet for elk size game, but will also work for a heavy deer rifle if thats what you want it for.

Comment

210 Berger VLD shoot really well out of my 700

Comment

I like the barnes vortx 180grn for everything

Comment

Had mine accurized last year at Hill Country Rifle and they recommended
                          Federal Premium 185gr Berger Hybrid Hunter. It’s deadly...

Comment

I shoot the 210 gr Berger Hunters. Bad medicine on everything I’ve shot

Comment

Originally posted by Muygrande View Post
                              180 accubond is hard to beat for an all around bullet. Usually pretty easy to load with as well.

My go to round

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I think if you really want to get into the long range game, the lighter bullets are gonna disappoint, but for everyday life they will suffice. I would suggest looking at the 200+ grain options for long range (1000 yds +). The higher BC of the heavies will treat you right.

Comment

Working...
                                X